evaluating

calemus

hi there

so i have been puttering around with ES FW OA (emsisoft firewall online armor) for around a year at least, some how it feels like a lot longer

i have found that it is common in different installations, different hardware configurations that the OA gets bogged down

I have to leave the internet on, AND while it is on, turn off OA, then turn it on again, if i turn off my internet connection while rebooting OA this process will not work

as you can imagine this necessity of leaving my internet connection totaly unprotected for 25 seconds is very distressing for me

i am very currious as to the cooperation between ES and the US GOV as to the possabilities of ES giving them back doors

is this a "never going to happen" or "already happening" arangment?

asking as a potential customer

i had been planning on investing in the bit defender program, but looking at a few things recently has changed my mind

1) thier not making a public statment that is unmistakable about their stand

2) ES has recently beat them is a defence competition! very impressive as BD is no joke!

3) i have been working with the OA product long enough to feel that if I could get rid of the slowing my connection down, i'd rather stick with what i am familiar with

Performance issues for some users that develop over time and require a restart to fix are a known issue with version 7 of Online Armor. As of yet we do not have a fix for those issues.

i am very currious as to the cooperation between ES and the US GOV as to the possabilities of ES giving them back doors

is this a "never going to happen" or "already happening" arangment?

asking as a potential customer

Backdoors in our software means not only are there backdoors for governments to abuse, but also backdoors for hackers and malware creators to abuse. We are not in the habit of purposefully adding anything to our software that can be exploited to bypass the protection or to compromise our customers' security.