a2cmd in safe mode

The only time that Safe Mode With Command Prompt would be necessary is in a case where a ransomware that locks down the computer in both normal mode and Safe Mode does not load in Safe Mode With Command Prompt, although in those cases you can usually type in explorer.exe and press Enter to launch the normal desktop without also launching the ransomware.

Aside from that, since Emsisoft Anti-Malware makes use of drivers that allow for direct disk access and other advanced detection and deletion mechanisms, and since infections can load in Safe Mode just as easily as they can when Windows is running normally, it is generally better to just run your scans while Windows is running normally.

The only time that Safe Mode With Command Prompt would be necessary is in a case where a ransomware that locks down the computer in both normal mode and Safe Mode does not load in Safe Mode With Command Prompt, although in those cases you can usually type in explorer.exe and press Enter to launch the normal desktop without also launching the ransomware.

Aside from that, since Emsisoft Anti-Malware makes use of drivers that allow for direct disk access and other advanced detection and deletion mechanisms, and since infections can load in Safe Mode just as easily as they can when Windows is running normally, it is generally better to just run your scans while Windows is running normally.

Yes that follows more recent trends I was seeing.  Re "direct disk access" is that implemented automatically if and as needed, or is that a setting to enable.  I thought I have seen that, somewhere, but just now I could not find it and I tried help file and it did not find it either.  Thanks, and if you can shed any more light on "direct disk access" I'd appreciate it. 

/ns