twl845

Ending a scan.

As a new member, I have done a quick scan and a smart scan. Each time the scan found 3 No Risk items, so I unchecked them. After unchecking them, I don't see a way to click Finish or some other command like End to exit the scan, so I just close Emsisoft. Is just closing Emsisoft OK or is there somewhere I should be closing the scan by clicking something? Thanks in advance.  :)

You shouldn't uncheck the detected items, please check and remove/quarantine them. You can close Emsisoft after cleaning if it didn't ask for a reboot.

Edit: I'm not sure if I understand you correctly, I assume that you don't want to delete the detected objects. Just exit Emsisoft, that's ok :)

You shouldn't uncheck the detected items, please check and remove/quarantine them. You can close Emsisoft after cleaning if it didn't ask for a reboot.

Edit: I'm not sure if I understand you correctly, I assume that you don't want to delete the detected objects. Just exit Emsisoft, that's ok :)

Thanks for your response. Right, the 3 items are not a risk so I don't want to delete them. If they were a threat I would definetly quarantine them. So then It would be OK to uncheck them and exit?  :)

If you don't want "No Risk" detections to show up, then you can disable PUP detection:

• Open Emsisoft Anti-Malware.
  • Go to Guard in the menu on the left.
  • Go to the File Guard tab.
  • At the bottom, for Default action for Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUPs), you can select No detection from the dropdown menu.
  • Upvote 1

If you don't want "No Risk" detections to show up, then you can disable PUP detection:

• Open Emsisoft Anti-Malware.
  • Go to Guard in the menu on the left.
  • Go to the File Guard tab.
  • At the bottom, for Default action for Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUPs), you can select No detection from the dropdown menu.

Thanks for the heads up.  :)