Sign in to follow this  
bocl

New ideea for MAMUTU

Hi,

Im using MAMUTU right now- very nice software;

I hope to see in nex version:

1. Password protection to MAMUTU setings; right now on my family computer anybody ( wife, daughter,ocasional guests) can modify or exit MAMUTU .

2. On "Suport center" "Your user account details" in order to change password you should be asked for old password; otherwise anybody on a computer with MAMUTU can access "Suport center",

replace email address and password and transfer the licence in his/her name.

Thanks,

Claudiu

1. Password protection to MAMUTU setings; right now on my family computer anybody ( wife, daughter,ocasional guests) can modify or exit MAMUTU .

Mamutu will use the user management of your operating system. You may have noticed the "Permissions" tab in the "Configuration" menu. You can limit your family member's accounts there so they won't be able to exit or modify the settings.

2. On "Suport center" "Your user account details" in order to change password you should be asked for old password; otherwise anybody on a computer with MAMUTU can access "Suport center",

replace email address and password and transfer the licence in his/her name.

Just deactivate the "Log me on automatically each visit" box when logging in. That way it will ask for your credentials every time you access the page.

Hi Fabian,

Thank you for your answer; indeed, for my #2 consern your solution makes sense ; however , for #1 (password protection of MAMUTU setings & exit) to log off and on as Admin every time I use my computer is not a great ideea; that means the other family members have to log in as guests every time on a pc which is ON 12h/day.

I find this solution (Admin/guest + type some caracters to exit the program)unusual among antimalware software producers; Avira, Kaspersky and others have a password to protect their product from termination or alteration.

Even Kerio 2.15, (wich is 10 years old and unsuported) has a password protection.

So, plese reconsider for next version.

thanks,

claudiu

Do your family use the same account? They do not have separate accounts?

Yes, we are old fashioned family; joint bank account, same account on computer, however different e-mail accounts, with different PASSWORDS!!!

Hi Claudiu,

There is nothing wrong with being “old fashion family” and having joined account(s) :)

The points in what Fabian and H_D mentioned :

That is always good idea having your Admin account and the Limited User Accounts for every and each family member , who's using the computer.

This way you will keep your system more secure as a whole and you (as Admin) can limit the rights when accessing certain areas of the security Software present

Cheers!

Also, seen as Mamutu is a program that you 'set and forget' you can use the admin account to configure it (once), then the family can log on using a different account. The 'family' account can be configured as Fabian instructed using the Permissions feature.

What sort of account is the 'family' account? What OS are you using?