Sign in to follow this  
tommyb

new investigation

After scanning my laptop with a-squard free (February 8th, 2010, 4 pm), I got the notice to send some file for further investigation. I am relativly new with a-squared products (which I found very useful)I allowed it, but I am interested in which way I shall get the answer about that file.

Thx in advance.

Tommy

Hi, tommyb

I don't think automatic submissions from the GUI will normally receive a response. However, if you submit a false positive for analysis manually via email then you may receive a response.

Hi Tommy,

There are several ways to submit flagged items for investigation:

1) from the detection list;

2) from quarantine;

3) by sending e-mail and attaching passworeded archive.

As it was pointed above in the replies you will get the response only when you are sending e-mail.

You most likely will not get the response when submitting from quarantine either despite you can fill in comments and provide your e-mail there

#1 & #2 methods should give an by rescanning after subsequent updates

Re-scanning quarantine will notify you when and if FP was fixed (see attached images 2 & 3)

Submitting by e-mail is kinda "old fashion" / less preferred method

Currently we are using it rarely when we are still uncertain (the detection remains for quite a while after numerous updates)

Now about your initial request.

...After scanning my laptop with a-squard free (February 8th, 2010, 4 pm), I got the notice to send some file for further investigation...

If I got it correctly you received the message about "deeper investigation" during the scan.

If that's the message as it's depicted in the 1st image it means that the developers are sure (99.999% :) ) - that was False Positive, but they are asking for submission in order to analyze and subsequently improve the detection (signatures/algorithm, etc.)

My regards