Hiatus

Online armor causing massive hangups on youtube and yahoo

Ok so I just switched up all my antivirus and firewall software. I included Online armor because I read many reviews that said it was in the top three. After a completely installing all of the new software I tried to go about life as usual. My daughter tried to go onto a site called cool math games and listen to a youtube video while playing, but she called out "DAD, the computer is acting wierd!'. So I took a look and low and behold youtube was hanging for long periods of time. Saying that a scipt would be paused, actually two. I tried everything, reinstalled flash, reinstalled firefox, ect. I finally isolated the problem, Online Armor. The reason I know that its online armor is because I have no problems whatsoever when its not running. I like what you guys are doing here and I appriciate the hard work for free products. SO thats why Im here, hoping you can help me with my problem. It seems that I only have a problem with firefox 29. Microsoft E runs fine but I dont use microsoft e, especially since the news of a MAJOR security flaw that could let a hijacker take over your whole system was recently discovered. And it hangs up on scripts that are (ying/sting) or something like that. Dont remember the whole script name, but yahoo runs them too. So please gimme some advice or a patch maybe...I dunno

If you open Online Armor and go to Programs in the list, are you able to find any files from Firefox or Adobe Flash in the list? If so, click on them to select them, and click the buttons to Allow and Trust them. The Flash plugin should be in the folder C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash

Thanks for the response, I made sure everything was allowed and trusted. I even went so far as to trust everything in the flash folder that you mentioned. Alas Im still having the issue though. I copied the output of the message though....maybe this will help.

A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete.

Script: https://s.ytimg.com/yts/jsbin/www-en_US-vflpxmjgo/base.js:3

A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete.

Script: https://s.ytimg.com/yts/jsbin/www-en_US-vflpxmjgo/base.js:78

Two separate messages pop up after opening the youtube page, or trying to go into yahoo mail.

I found this article by mozilla, followed all the steps but am still having issues with OA running. It seems it would be a flash issue to me but as I mentioned before....when OA isnt running, I have no issue.

Heres the link

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/920725

UPDATE:

So after exstensive experimenting I figured it out.... I had to open those ports in the firewall settings, 3 and 78. I just used the tcp confirguration and of course ticked allow. Actually you can just add those ports to the pre-exsisting firefox.exe rules in ports management, Thanks for a great product;keep up the good work!

Well, I thought I had it,  then I restarted my computer. Having the same issue even with ports opened. Ive isolated the issue to the HIPS functions, I deactivated the HIPS and did a restart, firewall is only thing running, but Ive made headway, OA is on and I can access youtube and yahoo mail. I find it hard to believe Im the only one having this issue....am I the only FF user out there?

From your opening post I assume you are using the free Online Armor?

Online Armor should automatically create port rules for any program that is allowed in the firewall settings.

Yes, I am using free OA. And it looks like the ports isnt the issue, if you read my other posts. Im a little dissapointed in your willingness to help me with my issue....after I post my trials and tribulations with trying to help you make a better product, you come out with,

From your opening post I assume you are using the free Online Armor?

Online Armor should automatically create port rules for any program that is allowed in the firewall settings.

Best regards,

Not very encouraging....

I'm sorry, I wanted to establish whether or not it was the free version in order to rule out Advanced Mode, since having Online Armor in Advanced Mode means rules are not created automatically.

Please try the following, and let me know if that helps:

• Uninstall Online Armor.
  • Restart your computer twice.
  • Download and reinstall Online Armor from this link.

So I did as you mentioned, but when the HIPS feature is on, it still hangs up on the scripts from those two sites I previously mentioned. My guess is its timing out because its scanning it? Thanks for the tips

Adding Firefox's folder to the exclusions in Online Armor would probably fix the issue, if you don't mind doing that (Online Armor would still be able to monitor any programs that Firefox launches as long as they aren't in the Firefox folder). Here are some instructions for adding a folder to the Exclusions list in Online Armor:

• Click on the Start button, go to All Programs, go to Online Armor, and click on the Online Armor icon to open it.
  • Click on Options in the menu on the left.
  • Go to the Exclusions tab.
  • Click on the Add button.
  • Use the little [+] and [-] icons to the left of folder names to open and close them, find the folder you want to add, click on it to highlight it, and then click OK at the bottom.
  • Close the Online Armor window.