Diva

Emsisoft Mobile Security

I just purchased Emsisoft Mobile Security for my Nexus 7 tablet. What is Application Audit? One more question: It states that GSM hardware is not accessible and that I would not be able to use SMS commands with my tablet. Could someone explain this, please? Thanks.

Dear Diva,

Thank you for contacting our support.

Please excuse my very late reply. Some apps peek into your private data and they needn’t, or access the internet and they shouldn’t. The Application Audit helps you ensure that your apps don’t misbehave.

The Anti-Theft function features Remote Locate, Remote Lock, Remote Wipe or sending messages to your device. It seems like you are using a device which is Wifi only with no phone. For this reason you will not be able to use SMS commands on this device. So if there is no internet connection, you are out of luck with locking or wiping the device but you can probably locate it through GPS.

Thank you for using our software solutions! Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me again.