Fabian Wosar

Emsisoft Anti-Malware and Emsisoft Internet Security 9.0 Public Beta

tried installing EIS onto Win8.1 (U1) x64 with Visualbox installed.

got BSOD on every restart, saying lookup driver_corrupted_expool.

maybe install corrupted the VBox drivers.

Uninstalled vai safe mode and installed EAM for testing now.

not sure where the minidumps are, if required i can post.

The problem is caused by the VirtualBox driver. Unfortunately Oracle doesn't want to fix it. The only way to use VirtualBox and EIS at the moment is to install VirtualBox without bridged networking support.

Hey, I can't resize the main Emsisoft interface window (version 9). Is it supposed to be, a fixed size?

It's not fixed size!

One suggestion:

When scanning process is started, I can't close GUI without stopping scanning process.

Is it possible to make silent scanning process, scanning without open GUI?

The problem is caused by the VirtualBox driver. Unfortunately Oracle doesn't want to fix it. The only way to use VirtualBox and EIS at the moment is to install VirtualBox without bridged networking support.

thanks for the confirmation...

Removed

Guess i am just old fashioned. I like to see exactly what is coming and going.

Really would like the firewall connections window and detailed logging for firewall showing allowed and blocked traffic.

Apart from that seems to be functioning very well.

Good luck with the future of EIS9.

Meanwhile i'll continue using OA Premium with EAM.

tried installing EIS onto Win8.1 (U1) x64 with Visualbox installed.

got BSOD on every restart, saying lookup driver_corrupted_expool.

maybe install corrupted the VBox drivers.

Uninstalled vai safe mode and installed EAM for testing now.

not sure where the minidumps are, if required i can post.

check my solution here : http://support.emsisoft.com/topic/14363-how-to-use-emsisoft-oa-emsisoft-is-v9-with-virtual-box/

Guest Tempus

Resizing works just fine for me.

It's not fixed size!

Hey..uninstall v9, rebooted as default, and did a new install. Now I am able to resize the main interface again. Thanks for feedback to Fabian and EdForce.

Hello,

I have tried to install Internet Security 9.0.0.3824 on my old XP SP3 (32bit) machine and after the required reboot a window is displayed by EIS that some components are missing and i shall uninstall, download the latest version and install again and if this fails contact the support. This message is also displayed when i do a double-click on the EIS icon on the desktop.

So I uninstalled, rebooted and installed again and again the same message after the required reboot.

Best regards,

fjw

Hi EAM Support Team,

I have a simple suggestion for the overview page:

See Screenshot

My question is why can't you just show the Version there instead of needing to click on about to see the version installed?

When scanning process is started, I can't close GUI without stopping scanning process.

Is it possible to make silent scanning process, scanning without open GUI?

It is on the list of feature we would like to add together with the option to start multiple scans. But it won't make it into 9.0.

I have tried to install Internet Security 9.0.0.3824 on my old XP SP3 (32bit) machine and after the required reboot a window is displayed by EIS that some components are missing and i shall uninstall, download the latest version and install again and if this fails contact the support. This message is also displayed when i do a double-click on the EIS icon on the desktop.

This message usually indicates that either the Emsisoft service was unable to start in time or that some other application is messing with the communication channel that the GUI uses to talk to the service. Can you check if you have any a2service.exe processes running after boot?

Thanks.

My question is why can't you just show the Version there instead of needing to click on about to see the version installed?

But then no-one would see the dedication we put in for Rob :). But to be more serious: If you want to see the version on the start screen, you can remove the "Renew for free" link by clicking the small [x] that appears when hovering over the link in the License block.

On the start screen, you have 4 grey blocks - Updates, License Support, and the block with the Facebook link and About button. In the block that is labeled License you have a link that says "Renew for free!". Put your mouse over it and close it. You now have the version number.

I added a few highlights. Most likely it is just too late and I didn't express myself well enough

ThHggTz.png

Just hover your mouse over the "Renew for free!" label highlighted in the screenshot and close it.

Fabian,

Thank you for your VERY LATE NIGHT support when U should be sleeping and Sorry I didn't see that before but got it now...

Thanks,

It is on the list of feature we would like to add together with the option to start multiple scans. But it won't make it into 9.0.

It's nice to hear that is working on it!

This message usually indicates that either the Emsisoft service was unable to start in time or that some other application is messing with the communication channel that the GUI uses to talk to the service. Can you check if you have any a2service.exe processes running after boot?

Thanks.

Hello Fabian,

thanks for your reply.

After boot, the "a2service.exe" process is running in the context of the SYSTEM user.

Also the "Emsisoft Protection" service is running.

Now the error message is not displayed again during the boot (this was probably only the first time after installation), but it is displayed again when i double-click the "Emsisoft Internet Security" Desktop icon.

Best regards,

fjw

hello, just to say thank you received 9.0.0.3861 threw update, installed fine, and is running well , thankfully, thank you.  :) :)

We are currently pushing out version 9.0.0.3861. There is no need to reinstall Emsisoft Anti-Malware or Emsisoft Internet Security. Just run the online update and you are good to go.

Changes in 9.0.0.3861 compared to the previous version:

• Fixed dozens of GUI issues.
  • Fixed memory leak when moving files from or to quarantine.
  • Fixed 12h time format issue at date time input fields.
  • Fixed incorrect values of progress bars.
  • Improved in and out icons at global firewall rules.
  • Removed junk tool tip texts at alert windows.
  • Improved large fonts support.
  • Improved translation handling.
  • Improved updater file verification process.
  • Fixed notification issue with file detections.
  • Fixed potential memory corruptions.
  • Improved crack protection.
  • Improved firewall alerts.
  • Fixed tab order for keyboard handling.
  • Fixed incorrectly displayed box shot at wizard start.
  • Improved File Guard, PUPs, and Behavior Blocker alerts.
  • Internal firewall improvements.

Hello Fabian,

thanks for your reply.

After boot, the "a2service.exe" process is running in the context of the SYSTEM user.

Also the "Emsisoft Protection" service is running.

Now the error message is not displayed again during the boot (this was probably only the first time after installation), but it is displayed again when i double-click the "Emsisoft Internet Security" Desktop icon.

Best regards,

fjw

Hello Fabian,

just want to inform you.

I now deinstalled the "old" version and installed the new version 9.0.0.3861.

Now the installation was successfull, the error does not occur anymore :)

But one last question: should the checkbox under "Settings" --> "Updates" --> "Enable beta updates" be checked for running this beta version or left unchecked?

Best regards,

fjw

We are currently pushing out version 9.0.0.3861. There is no need to reinstall Emsisoft Anti-Malware or Emsisoft Internet Security. Just run the online update and you are good to go.

Hello Fabian,

Does not want to update to the new version, either Automatic or Manual.Is there a time delay between Europe and Canada?

hi, I am also getting a reboot popup after each update, the only file that has been in each update is  Fwndis64.sys thank you for your help 

Looks like the whole Firewall isn't working anymore on x64.

Windows Security Center Shows that no Firewall Software is installed.

Bug in removal Malware in EIS9

First scan:

Emsisoft Internet Security - Version 9.0
Last update: 2014/05/14 14:34:22
User account: Mohammad-PC\Mohammad

Scan settings:

Scan type: Smart Scan
Objects: Rootkits, Memory, Traces, C:\Windows\, C:\Program Files\, C:\Program Files (x86)\

Detect PUPs: On
Scan archives: Off
ADS Scan: On
File extension filter: Off
Advanced caching: On
Direct disk access: Off

Scan start:    2014/05/14 15:02:00
C:\Users\Mohammad\AppData\Roaming\thinstall     detected: Application.AppInstall (A)
C:\Users\Mohammad\AppData\Local\thinstall     detected: Application.AppInstall (A)

Scanned    76490
Found    2

Scan end:    2014/05/14 15:07:41
Scan time:    0:05:41

Deleted    0

Alert of EIS9

trob5z8elj9itqfeegfq.jpg

Second scan

Emsisoft Internet Security - Version 9.0
Last update: 2014/05/14 14:34:22
User account: Mohammad-PC\Mohammad

Scan settings:

Scan type: Smart Scan
Objects: Rootkits, Memory, Traces, C:\Windows\, C:\Program Files\, C:\Program Files (x86)\

Detect PUPs: On
Scan archives: Off
ADS Scan: On
File extension filter: Off
Advanced caching: On
Direct disk access: Off

Scan start:    2014/05/14 15:10:45
C:\Users\Mohammad\AppData\Roaming\thinstall     detected: Application.AppInstall (A)
C:\Users\Mohammad\AppData\Local\thinstall     detected: Application.AppInstall (A)

Scanned    56566
Found    2

Scan end:    2014/05/14 15:12:02
Scan time:    0:01:17

If I install the public beta, will it auto update to the final version when released or I will have to uninstall it then reinstall again?

If I install the public beta, will it auto update to the final version when released or I will have to uninstall it then reinstall again?

You can just update. No reinstall will be necessary.
  • Upvote 1

If you untick the box to enable beta updates the box that pops up after updates saying to reboot computer does not appear. However I don't know by doing this if you are actually updating the new version of beta or not.

Just installed Internet Security 9 beta, and firstly, is there any way to install to another drive other than the default C please? My win 7 install is on a partitioned SSD, and only the Win files are in C, all other programs are in the next partition... If not, will the finished version allow install to another drive please?

I take it that this doubles for Anti-Malware, and Online Armor? If so, my set up (64bit) states that no firewall is installed..

I still have valid keys for both Anti-Malware and Online Armor, though neither are recognised by this version, so I'm on the trial key for now.

Great stuff, been with you guys for a lot of years now, and I've never once regretted putting my money your way, something I can't say for many companies at all, sadly.. Keep up the good work!

Just installed Internet Security 9 beta, and firstly, is there any way to install to another drive other than the default C please?

Yes, the setup files support a commandline parameter to change installation directory: /DIR="x:\dirname"

• Upvote 2

Yes, the setup files support a commandline parameter to change installation directory: /DIR="x:\dirname"

Thanks Christian!  I'll do that in a minute..

Apologies for not replying sooner. I looked into the settings (sorry to say I have no evidence or dump file to show for it), and ticking the scheduled scan option, the software immediately started a scan, and repeated doing so (or trying to..) every 2 seconds or so, until my pc ran out of memory. The only way I got out of it, was to do a hard shutdown (straight off).  Re-booted and as soon as windows loaded and I logged-in, it did exactly the same again, without me touching anything. I managed to repeat this another 2 times before booting into safe mode and without wanting to risk starting it again, I uninstalled the program.

Re-installing again now, and I won't be touching the scheduled scan settings for now!

Regards...                                                                 

Hello

I have few question for EIS 9;

1. How install it in D:\  drive if i need to create abbreviation installer and modify the path installer default components?
whether it is possible to create a less destructive eyes and psyche of the interface, which would be adapted entirely to the history and current high achievements of the company Emsisoft-that resembled previous versions v.8.1 EAM and contained all the important information on the "home page" interface.

Current (new) interface is horrible and hard to look at him without a strong attack eye pain, whether it is possible to create a less destructive eyes and psyche of the interface, which odnosli to August in the whole history and current high achievements of the company Emsisoft-that resembled previous v.8.1 versions of the EAM and contained all the important information on the "home page" interface.

Problems to repair:
fairly large consumption of computer resources, relatively free scan, susceptibility to false alarms-Hypersensitivity (False Positives).
A very long scan time and occupy only the PC scan that is better then "go out for tea."
File import a2 hosts EAM 8.1 to EIS9 not work-show strange characters instead of host names.
Scan-after scanning can only move to quarantine, I can not remove the PC as it was in the EAM 8.1-why?
The exclusion of areas from the scan menu scanning-dodo areas-components excluded from scanning results in the total does not desire its using in the current version.
Selecting folders that are ergonomic enough and too prolonged and freq of clicking a few times you need to enable menu and choose preset options, because the program is not responding.
Why can not I select the entire root folder bibloteki without developing it and having to select each folder one by one?
The program locks the features of Windows Recovery-restore the system to an earlier point in time-Windows is not allowed to access files because of the blockade by the program antyvirusowy, check / disable the program and try again.
The program EIS 9 dimly works with Kaspersky Internet Secuirity 14

I'm an EAM 8 version' user.. is possible to install beta in 8 version regularly registered..? Thank You

Right now you would have to uninstall version 8 in order to install version 9.

In the Internet security beta I miss the notification when a trusted program connects to the internet like in OA and also the firewall network connections window. 

Apart from that, I have no other problems with this beta. Keep up the good work   :thumbs:

Guest Tempus

Had some time to spare, so here is what I have used it on.

First of all, then leaves the new version 9 a good impression, and I like the new interface. :) . I think it will be more appealing, meaning simpler to use for everday users. Okay,.. today I have downloaded 500 malware samples from a honeypot. The purpose was to see and get a feeling of how it behaves regarding different malware senarioes. I always use 3 steps. First I like to see how it reacts to be installed in an already infected environment. Second,.. see how it behave in a clean environment exposed to malware from browsing and usb's. Third step, is just me having some samples of malware, just to see how well it detects, and how fast it will delete or quarantine the found malware. To keep the store shorter, then did Emsisoft excelled fine in the first two steps, the way I like to beta test that part. Here is what I saw with the latest version 9 of Emsisoft anti malware.

1. I downloaded 500 samples in the default windows download folder, did a right click scan . Asked it to delete the found malware. It took 8 minutes and 13 seconds to delete all samples.
  2. Did the same, but with version 8.1.0.40 of EAM, and here it only took 39 secounds to delete 500 samples.

For some reason then there is a significant difference in v.9 and - in this regard. One can of course always argue, that this is not a everyday scenario, and that is of cause true. But still are we left with the fact that we in version 9, have a noticeable slowdown compared with v.8.

This was tested in a real environment, where Emsisoft was the only Av, and with windows own firewall. Software profile was, Java - Adobe flash player, Adobe Reader. Pc. was an i5 with - ddr3 ram (1600mhz). Windows 8.1 64 bit fully patched.

For some reason then I can't attach logs, in this thread, even if I use the "apply more option"  So if the scanlogs is needed ,(don't think so), then they can be downloaded from this link.

Scan log for v.9 and v. 8 

Thanks

Jan

Guest Tempus

Legend,

they are aware of this issue.

It will be fixed...I'm sure.

Hi Siketa, thanks for letting me know. It's nice that they are aware of that issue. And even though it is not a security issue as such, then there is no reason to lowering the standard, when we are used to a v8 turbo engine. Right now it is more like a trabant, regarding raw engine power :lol:  ;) . ( when it comes to deleting found malware)

Legend when needing to upload logs try zipping them up first.

Stapp , thank you for your response, will follow your advice and try it out. :)

Guest Tempus
There is a lot of good thing to say about the version 9 interface. But....,and I don't know if I am the only one with this point of view?,  but I think that the Cursor or indicator, that is above " Overview" "Protection" "Scan" and so on, is for me very faint in its color. A little notch  more, would help. And no I don't use glasses or have any visual impairment, yet   :lol:
Have a nice day guys, it's a beautiful sunny day on this longitude.

Appendix : It's so strange I can't attach an Image in this thread (using the apply more bottom), and I have tried different browsers, Firefox - Chrome-IE 11. . Ah well, they are probably tired of me i guess  :P  :D

Legend, about attaching an image, do you get any error message?

Are you using the Flash Uploader?

If you are, trying using the Basic Uploader instead. The option to change is just under where you browse to select the file to attach.

Guest Tempus

Hey Stapp. Nope no errors messages,not at all. And yes normally I will use the Flash uploader. But I have no access to the Flash uploader and the Basic Uploader in this thread. But if i go to any other thread, then I am able to use the flash and basic uploader. That is so strange. But I can live with that. It was just something that puzzles me. I have inserted two links. The first is to show you what I see on my screen, in this thread. The second will show what i see in any other threads.

First  Second

Thanks Stapp for you time :) . ( Let us just put this problem to rest so I don't clutter this good thread with my issue)