berryracer

Is Emsisoft Anti-Malware not an AV replacement?

I thought it was an AV and I bought it since it scores top on AV Comparatives, when I was happy and telling some people on one forum, one dude told me that this is not an AV replacement??

Is it true?? please don't say this is like MBAM sort of like a compliment to a full time AV as I do have a lifetime license for MBAM and hate it, it's all false positives.

I wanted a light and good AV I can depend on

I'm confused, I thought it was a full AV that uses its own engine + bitdefender, please correct my understanding

Guest Tempus

Hey. Emsisoft anti malware is a full blood antivirus, which cover and secure you with 3 layers of protection, against any kind of threat to your system. The 3 layers is: Surf protection, 2 engines heuristic protection, and the zero day tool, the behavior blocker. If you whant to no more , then read this blog  post.

It also uses 2 anti-virus engines. Our own engine with our own database, plus BitDefender's engine and database to back it up. ;)