berryracer

Can EAM clean Tracking cookies?

I just read this on the Emsisoft website:

The Emsisoft engine originated in the anti-spyware and anti-trojan field and has developed into a world-class solution in the fight against malware. In addition to typical detection capabilities, the engine includes extensive identification of tracking cookies and malware traces in the registry and file system. We've also integrated advanced malware removal functions.

But EAM isn't cleaning or finding my tracking cookies. I would love if it could so I can get rid of SUPERAntiSpyware on demand that I use just for that purpose

is there any option I'm missing?

Since cookies are not malicious, why would you expect a anti-virus/anti-spyware product to detect them in the first place?

There are significantly better tools to manage cookies, then using an AV or AS.

Since cookies are not malicious, why would you expect a anti-virus/anti-spyware product to detect them in the first place?

There are significantly better tools to manage cookies, then using an AV or AS.

I know Norton AV does clean tracking cookies. Yes they arne't malicious, but they track user behaviour, was a nice feature if it was already there in EAM, why remove it?

anyway, not a show stopper for me since I use SAS just for that purpose.

I know what you're thinking, why not simply delete all my cookies on browser exit? because I don't want to lose my logins in various sites and don't want to add exceptions to CCleaner for like a 100 sites, too time consuming.

You may want to consider using browser extensions to prevent tracking cookies rather than relying on scanners to remove them after the fact. Ghostery is just one example of a popular browser extension for blocking tracking websites.

Yes they arne't malicious, but they track user behaviour, was a nice feature if it was already there in EAM, why remove it?

A HTTP Cookie is physical incapable of doing anything, it is a plain text file. The tracking is physically done by the search engine or the adserver.

Yes, it is a total pain to add exceptions to CCleaner for the cookies you want to keep. Like Arthur suggested you can used a browser add-on to block coolies, and only allow cookies for the sites you want to or need to use cookies.

• Upvote 1