berryracer

Proper way of reinstalling EAM?

In other AVs I've had, you can always login to your license center and disable the license that is currently on a system so you can easily reinstall the program say if you changed the OS or what not....

I want to downgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 7 Pro now...

what is the proper way of installing EAM on my Windows 7 while not making the license think I am using it on more than one computer? shall I just uninstall EAM first before formatting? or will EAM simply note my computer name and realize its the same computer not that I am using it on more than one PC?

The best way is to remove the license key from the Windows 8.1 install first, and then you will be able to use it on the Windows 7 install. Here's how to do that:

• Open Emsisoft Anti-Malware.
  • Go to 'Configuration' in the menu on the left.
  • Go to the 'License' tab.
  • Click on the "Change license" button.
  • Select either the free trial or the link for freeware mode, and then click 'Next' if needed.
  • Upvote 1

In general though the system will notice if you install EAM on a different system and allow you to reassign the license to your new system, automatically disabling it on the old one. So even those steps Arthur posted are optional.

• Upvote 1

In general though the system will notice if you install EAM on a different system and allow you to reassign the license to your new system, automatically disabling it on the old one. So even those steps Arthur posted are optional.

excellent! that's how NOD32 does it! glad you guys have a friendly activation system! I had so much trouble with Kaspersky before since I tend to reinstall Windows often, 3 activations with Kaspersky and your license is blocked and good luck on support ever re-activating it again! They will take around 7 days and require you send them receipts and an explanation! I can't believe that at this day and age some companies use such bad activation verification methods.

Kudos to Emsisoft for this great way of monitoring licenses

... 3 activations with Kaspersky and your license is blocked ...

If a license key for Emsisoft Anti-Malware is remapped more than 5 times in a day, then our system will lock out any further remaps for 24 hours. If you contact support, we can clear the mapping history manually if needed.

In your case, this shouldn't end up being an issue. ;)

• Upvote 2