gisot

EEK detects two traces, but no risk ?

"No risk" detections are PUPs (Potentially Unwanted Programs). They can cause performance issues, be annoying, or cause other problems that are technically not malicious.

Thanks for the info GT500, but if I decide to remove them (just in case), functionality of the program is affected. That's why I think that detections should either include all files from the program or no files at all. As you said, security of the system is not affected in either case, so why adding to the confusion? :)

There are parts of YTD Video Downloader that are not being deleted? I'll let one of our malware analysts know, so that they can take a look at this.

Lets try running AdwCleaner and Junkware Removal Tool to see if there were any parts that we missed, because the Emsisoft Emergency Kit Scanner should have detected and removed the entire YTD Video Downloader program.

Please download AdwCleaner and save it on your desktop.

• Close all open programs and internet browsers (you may want to print our or write down these instructions first).
  • Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
  • Click on "Scan".
  • When the scan is done, click on the 'Clean' button to remove what was found.
  • After the cleaning process is done, you will be prompted to restart your computer. A text file will open n Notepad after the restart (this is the log of what was removed), which you can save on your desktop.
  • Please attach that log file to a reply by clicking the More Reply Options button to the lower-right of where you type in your reply.
  • If you lose that log file for any reason, you can find it at C:\AdwCleaner[s1] on your computer.
Please download Junkware Removal Tool and save it on your desktop.
  • Shut down your anti-virus, anti-spyware, and firewall software now to avoid potential conflicts.
  • Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, right-click it and select Run as administrator.
  • The tool will open and start scanning your system.
  • Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
  • On completion, a log is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
  • Please attach the JRT log file to a reply by clicking the More Reply Options button to the lower-right of where you type in your reply.

Ok, I did that and attached logs from both programs as requested for Emsisoft's usage, but I do need this program so I'm going to install it right back :) For my future use I'm adding this program to EEK's whitelist.

Cheers

AdwCleanerR0.txt

JRT1.txt

If you just need to download YouTube videos, then I recommend using one of the numerous browser extensions for that. Some of them even support a large variety of video and audio streaming services.