Bison

Learning Mode Problem

Hi,

I've been using Online Armor for quite a few years

and learning mode has always worked fine ;

after installing OA learning mode is automatically activated for a few minutes, then switches itself off,

and then it doesn't reactivate unless i manually turn it on.

I've recently got a new PC with Windows 8.1 and i installed OA,

after installing, OA ran learning mode as normal and then exited learning mode.

Then i started getting popups from OA telling me that i shouldn't be  in learning mode all the time,

when i checked the history, learning mode is constantly being automatically entered and exited all the time.

i've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but still have the same problem.

I'd be very grateful for any help.

Thanks

Steve

We'll probably need some logs to see what the problem is. Please open Online Armor, go to Options in the menu on the left, click the little check box to enable debug mode, restart your computer, and then try reproducing your problem. After that, please ZIP your entire logs folder (normally C:\Program Files\Online Armor\Logs), upload it to a website such as RapidShare/DepositFiles/BayFiles/etc (which one you use is up to you), and then copy and paste the link to download the file into a reply (or you can send it to me in a Private Message if you don't want the link posted publicly on the forums). Note that, if you don't have a utility such as 7-Zip, WinZip, or WinRar that you can ZIP files and folders by right-clicking on them, going to Send To, and clicking on Compressed (zipped) Folder.

Note that RapidShare and BayFiles have been having issues lately, and we may not be able to download the files from them. If you have DropBox, Google Cloud Storage, or Microsoft SkyDrive then those services would be more reliable. Also, you can attach files to private messages on these forums, and I would believe the limit is up to 128MB, so if the file is smaller than 128MB then you can just attach it to a private message to me on these forums.

Our developers said that the logs were firewall logs, and not debug logs. They were also wondering if you regularly use a keyboard shortcut such as Ctrl+Alt+L?

Hi,

That's very strange, i followed your instructions,

I enabled logging mode selected additional debug info and zipped all the files in the logs folder.

I've redone the logs and again selected additional debug info.

Ive sent them to you in a PM

I've never used the ctrl + alt + L keyboard shortcut,
what i have done done is to right click the OA icon in the taskbar
and click learning mode in the list to turn it off when i've found that' it's automatically been switched on.

Thanks

Steve

I enabled logging mode selected additional debug info and zipped all the files in the logs folder.

The addition debug info is for the firewall logs. Did you restart your computer after enabling Debug Mode? It doesn't take effect until after a reboot. ;)

They were firewall logs as well.

Have you checked to see if Debug Mode is still on? It shouldn't get switched off automatically, but if the file that tells it to run in Debug Mode gets deleted or can't be saved for some reason, then Debug Mode won't be enabled when you restart your computer.

Thanks for getting back to me.

I manually switched off enable logging and debug mode after i zipped the log files as i didn't think i needed it to be on after the logs were sent.

Should i delete the existing logs folder and start from scratch ?

Is this correct ?

Select Enable Logging, Select Additional debug info, Restart , Replicate problem, Zip Logs Folder, Leave Logging and debug switched on ?

Should i enable logging first, restart and then enable debug mode and restart ?

You shouldn't be able to delete the logs folder. Online Armor protects everything in its folder from modification or deletion.

The steps you mentioned are for firewall logs. Debug logging is enabled by turning Debug Mode on, which you can do from the 'General' tab in Online Armor's options. The name of the option is Enable debug mode.

Hi,

I was just wondiring if there's any update ?

As the problem with learning mode is still ongoing and i haven't heard anything.

Thanks

Steve

I just spoke to one of our developers, and they asked me to get a log from System Information on your computer. Here's instructions on how to do that:

• Click on the Start button.
  • Go to All Programs.
  • Go to Accessories.
  • Go to System Tools.
  • Click on System Information.
  • Click on the File menu to open it.
  • Click on Save.
  • Save the System Information on your desktop (this may take a few minutes).
  • Close the System Informaton window and then right-click on the System Information file you saved, go to Send to, and select Compressed (zipped) folder. This will add your System Information file to a ZIP archive that you can attach to a reply in this forum topic.
  • Reply to this topic by using the More Reply Options button to the lower-right of where you type in your reply, and attach the ZIP archive to a reply.

Hi,

Is there any update on this as i still haven't heard anything ?

I've had to stop using using OA in the meantime, and use other software,

as i can't have learning mode auto allowing everything.

It's over a month and there dosen't seem to be any hope of a solution.

No i'm still waiting and i've still got the same problem, it seems OA isn't a priority.

I hope this isn't a sign of things to come, as i've still got 4 years left on my licence

It's funny you replied as i was sending a email to Emsisoft asking whats going on.

Sorry for the late reply! I've been gone for the weekend. Yes, it will be a shame if OA is abandoned, but it is not looking good. They have not been responding to Online Armor support request on the forum for a few months now. OA is the only Emsisoft product I use. Emsisoft said they would start working on OA again when they get the bugs sorted out of their latest product line of EIS, and EAM. I guess we will have to wait, and see. I have turned in several bug reports for OA over the past few months, and none of them have been responded to. My time is precious also. I hope I did not waste my time submitting bug reports.