Just some questions

I know emsisoft anti-malware uses bitdefenders engine and signatures but is there a delay or do the signatures get updated in real time at the same time as bitdefenders? Also when signatures get updated does bitdefenders website protection such as website blocking add in signatures?

Also i read somewhere that you use an old version of bit defenders engine i doubt thats true but wanted to clear my mind on that.

Thanks for any answers and your help.

I will let one of the staff answer your question regarding the Bitdefender signature updates.

But please check how well Emsisoft Anti-Malware performed in the latest AV Comparative test results. It got a score even high than Kaspersky thanks to it's own engine + Bitdefender's Engine + behavioral blocker:

AV-Comparatives - Real World Tests

I will let one of the staff answer your question regarding the Bitdefender signature updates.

But please check how well Emsisoft Anti-Malware performed in the latest AV Comparative test results. It got a score even high than Kaspersky thanks to it's own engine + Bitdefender's Engine + behavioral blocker:

AV-Comparatives - Real World Tests

shouldnt emsisoft get the same results as bitdefender antivirus but also be a bit better cause of there own engine + blocker.?

shouldnt emsisoft get the same results as bitdefender antivirus but also be a bit better cause of there own engine + blocker.?

I am no expert in that field so I'll let the experts handle that question. But I do have a 5 year license for Bitdefender Antivirus Plus that I have abandoned and left for the dust a long time ago. Why? Because despite Bitdefender's excellent and consistent score on AV Comparatives. But it acts as a virus on its own! Just head to the Bitdefender forums and read their horror stories, slow internet, slow system, unable to boot, etc.

Another issue is with its updates. You install the AV, then perform your first update, then it shows you a red exclamation mark in its desktop widget and you think "oh my! what the hell is this now" It is simply telling you to reboot to complete the update! oh well, I reboot, then update, then again, and again, and again, then sometimes I get problems with AutoPilot not running properly and I have to enable the real time AV component manually.

Additionally, it requires you to create an account and keeps nagging about it. I hate all these new AVs that seem to be like you are registering for some social network rather than simply installing an AV and forgetting about it.

So with EAM, you get the best of both worlds, the extra engine of Bitdefender MINUS its quircks and a super light security solution. I dont even need a Firewall with EAM since it also blocks any malicious site I might click on

I know emsisoft anti-malware uses bitdefenders engine and signatures but is there a delay or do the signatures get updated in real time at the same time as bitdefenders? Also when signatures get updated does bitdefenders website protection such as website blocking add in signatures?

We do repack BitDefender's updates so that we can provide incremental updates, however there should be a very minimal delay in our publishing those updates.

Also i read somewhere that you use an old version of bit defenders engine i doubt thats true but wanted to clear my mind on that.

You can check the BitDefender engine version used by Emsisoft Anti-Malware by hovering the mouse over the Emsisoft Anti-Malware version number from the Security Status page. I currently have Emsisoft Anti-Malware beta version 9.0.0.3952 installed and it reports the BitDefender engine version 11.0.1.12.

Yes, essentially we should pretty much always outperform BitDefender due to the addition of our own engine and database.

• Upvote 1

We do repack BitDefender's updates so that we can provide incremental updates, however there should be a very minimal delay in our publishing those updates.

You can check the BitDefender engine version used by Emsisoft Anti-Malware by hovering the mouse over the Emsisoft Anti-Malware version number from the Security Status page. I currently have Emsisoft Anti-Malware beta version 9.0.0.3952 installed and it reports the BitDefender engine version 11.0.1.12.

Yes, essentially we should pretty much always outperform BitDefender due to the addition of our own engine and database.

do you add bitdefenders phishing  protection / websites?