Michael Talash Perelmutter

Allowing incoming rdp on online armor

I am attempting to allow incoming rdp and that doesn't work. What I am attempting is to explicitly allow either just incoming or both directions on port 3389 for all programs, while, of course, enabling incoming remote connections on windows itself and it doesn't work. Windows 7 x64 with Emsisoft Internet Security (consisting of Online Armor 7.0.0.1866 and Anti Malware 8.1.0.40). However, on checking whether the port is indeed allowed through http://www.canyouseeme.org does not show port 3389 as open.

Please advise how to properly allow incoming rdp.

This is technically an Online Armor issue (the "Emsisoft Internet Security" section is for the new stand-alone security suite we are developing), so I'll move your topic to the Online Armor section.

As for the RDP issue, may I ask if you have Online Armor running in Standard Mode or Advanced Mode? Also, are you trying to connect to this computer using RDP over the Internet, or just from another computer on the local network?

If you connect to the Internet through a modem or router that has Network Address Translation (NAT), then the open port checker tool will always show the port as closed unless you forward the port in the device that has the NAT.

Are you trying to connect over RDP from another computer on your network, or from a remote computer using your Internet connection?