cutting_edgetech

Does Online Armor support ASLR?

According to the Ice Buddha site two out of three of OA .dll files use ASLR, and DEP protection. The third .dll file does not use ASLR, or DEP protection.  None of OA .exe files use ASLR, or DEP protection. How hard would it be to make OA use ASLR, and DEP protection? I checked AppGuard which I also use, and it uses ASLR, and DEP protection.

The problem is that Online Armor uses a tool chain that neither supports DEP nor ASLR. Moving to a new tool chain will take a very long time, as a lot has changed since then and we need to update major parts of the Online Armor code base to account for all the changes since then.

I'm not sure what you mean by tool chain. Do you mean the Compiler, and IDE?

Edited 05/30/14 @ 15:35: Disregard, I was not familiar with the terminology tool chain so I googled it. It looks like I was correct in assuming it refers to basically any development tools used to create an application which would be a Compiler, IDE, etc..  I'm obviously not a coder. I do hope Emsisoft decides to continue OA development, and upgrade parts of OA like the firewall, add support for ASLR, DEP, etc.. I've been using OA since 2003, and I don't want to switch to something else.