Sign in to follow this  
Jonathan R923

Trojan-Dropper.Win32.Paradrop.ar!A2 - False Positive?[Resolved]

My system keeps coming up positive for Trojan-Dropper.Win32.Paradrop.ar!A2, in C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe when I scan using A-Squared Free.

I've tried quarantining, but when I re-boot and do another scan, it still comes up. Is this a legit infection or a false positive?

My system keeps coming up positive for Trojan-Dropper.Win32.Paradrop.ar!A2, in C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe when I scan using A-Squared Free.

I've tried quarantining, but when I re-boot and do another scan, it still comes up. Is this a legit infection or a false positive?

I am showing the same infection on my machine. I just had took a MS update for Office 2003 yesterday 2-10. I get the same results as you as far as trying to delete this infection. My guess is a FP!

Hi Guys, welcome to the forum

That is a False Positive.

File submitted. Please submit the file(s) to EMSI developers from the detection list

Do not quarantine / delete without prior investigation when you see files resided in the system areas

Please read this Sticky - it may help in the future

My regards

p.s. in addition it is always helpful to provide information about the System Environment as in Forum Posting Rules #2)

the flaggings can differ for different OS / Service Packs

Hi Guys, welcome to the forum

That is a False Positive.

File submitted. Please submit the file(s) to EMSI developers from the detection list

Do not quarantine / delete without prior investigation when you see files resided in the system areas

Please read this Sticky - it may help in the future

My regards

p.s. in addition it is always helpful to provide information about the System Environment as in Forum Posting Rules #2)

the flaggings can differ for different OS / Service Packs

Thanks for the tip, I back up my C drive every 3 days using Acronis, so if a system file got removed that would not be a big deal. I could be up and running again in less than 20 minutes. I know every pc user does not back up their system. I learned the hard way a few times..LOL

Thanks again for all your help

...Thanks for the tip...

I know every pc user does not back up their system. I learned the hard way a few times..LOL

Hi iwuud2,

1st, you are welcome

Then , backups and images are good & necessary thing, but still it's possible sometimes to use an "easy way" :)

Cheers!