Acadia

OA killing Google Chrome

After using Firefox for a couple of years I wanted to have some fun and downloaded Google's Chrome.  It installed ok but OA prevents Chrome from surfing and opening any webpages.  The tabs keep saying "Loading ..." but nothing ever arrives.  If I Exit OA or add Chrome to OA's exclusion's, then it works.  I am NOT using Chrome inside of Sandboxie.  Any ideas?

Windows 7 Home.  Online Armor version 7.0.0.1866, fully liscensed and paid for.

Thank you very much,

Acadia

Just checking Acadia that Chrome is listed as allowed and trusted (green) in OA programs list.

(although I'm sure you probably will have :))

Which Chrome build is it?

Hi, stapp, goodness, I did not know that you were a moderator here also.  Yes, Chrome is allowed, green, and trusted.  The version of Chrome is 35.0.1916.114 m.

Thanks a bunch,

Acadia

I don't use Chrome (I'm an Opera and IE11 girl myself :)) But am sure from what I've seen here on forum 

Are you using EAM as well?

So until another Chrome user passes by, have you tried the usual things like looking in the firewall log to see if there is any blocks, running it in learning mode or even uninstalling OA, rebooting twice and re-installing. (drastic I know)

However old thread here for you to read

http://support.emsisoft.com/topic/7264-online-armor-is-blocking-chrome-browser-silently/

Thanks again, stapp.  No, OA is my only Emsisoft product.  Yes, I've tried everything except uninstalling and re-installing OA.  Yes, I even deleted every mention that I could find in the OA lists, or whatever they are called, for Google or Chrome, dll files everything and started again, same result.  Uninstalling and reinstallng OA??  That would be too drastic for a tired old timer like me who has by now learned other options.

Thank you,

Acadia

Hello Acadia.

If you right-click on the little Online Armor icon in the lower-right corner of the screen and enable Leaning Mode, are you able to launch Chrome? If so, please try disabling Learning Mode in Online Armor, and then try Chrome again.

Hello Acadia.

If you right-click on the little Online Armor icon in the lower-right corner of the screen and enable Leaning Mode, are you able to launch Chrome? If so, please try disabling Learning Mode in Online Armor, and then try Chrome again.

Thanks GT500 but no that did not work.  To clarify, Chrome does launch but I cannot do anything with it, no surfing, cannot even get into settings.  Once Chrome is added back into OA's exclusions, then everything works.  Thanks again.

Acadia

In that case the easiest way to fix it is probably to uninstall Online Armor, restart the computer twice, and then reinstall it.

The hard way would be to go through the Firewall and Programs lists and remove anything related to Chrome (not just EXE's, but also DLL's and any other files related to Chrome, as the Programs list can have any files in it that contain executable code).

In that case the easiest way to fix it is probably to uninstall Online Armor, restart the computer twice, and then reinstall it.

The hard way would be to go through the Firewall and Programs lists and remove anything related to Chrome (not just EXE's, but also DLL's and any other files related to Chrome, as the Programs list can have any files in it that contain executable code).

Ok, GT500, thanks, and all apologies to stapp who I believe suggested the same solution above.  Only one problem: I never saved an install of OA 5.5, where do I now find this?  Thanks,

Acadia

Oops, scratch that.  I am looking for 7.0.0.1866 and I believe that I found it.  Gonna have some fun now (but not before backing myself up umpteen times!)

Acadia

Oops, scratch that.  I am looking for 7.0.0.1866 and I believe that I found it.  Gonna have some fun now (but not before backing myself up umpteen times!)

Acadia

Let us know how you get on Acadia :)

Let us know how you get on Acadia :)

Thanks for that, stapp.  Looks like it is more involved than I had ever thought.  I could not re-install OA.  I kept getting an error that stated some sort of VirtualBox thingie was screwing things up and I could NOT install OA without removing it?!?!  I uninstalled VirtualBox about two weeks ago and have tried everything I know to clean up its crud including manually going thru the Registry.  Time to search the VB forums for clues.  Arggghhh!  The person who can invent a simple to use PC where all programs play nicely together deserves to make more $$ than Bill Gates and the late Steven Jobs combined!

Acadia

stapp, thanks for those links.  Because of them I was able to reinstall OA.  But OA is still not allowing Chrome to work.  Strange, but thanks again.

Acadia

We'll probably need some logs to see what the problem is. Please open Online Armor, go to Options in the menu on the left, click the little check box to enable debug mode, restart your computer, and then try reproducing your problem. After that, please ZIP your entire logs folder (normally C:\Program Files\Online Armor\Logs), upload it to a website such as RapidShare/DepositFiles/BayFiles/etc (which one you use is up to you), and then copy and paste the link to download the file into a reply (or you can send it to me in a Private Message if you don't want the link posted publicly on the forums). Note that, if you don't have a utility such as 7-Zip, WinZip, or WinRar that you can ZIP files and folders by right-clicking on them, going to Send To, and clicking on Compressed (zipped) Folder.

Note that RapidShare and BayFiles have been having issues lately, and we may not be able to download the files from them. If you have DropBox, Google Cloud Storage, or Microsoft SkyDrive then those services would be more reliable. Also, you can attach files to private messages on these forums, and I would believe the limit is up to 128MB, so if the file is smaller than 128MB then you can just attach it to a private message to me on these forums.

I have the same problem. I recently installed OA and the same thing happened to Chrome. I had to make an exclusion in OA for the path to the Chrome folder on the HD to get it to work. Not a nice solution as a malware might insert itself in that folder and be undetected. Considering that I have seen other users complain about this problem I think that the OA developers should take a closer look at the problem with running Chrome when OA is activated.