sandbo

Sandbox or similar feature with Emsisoft?

Hi,

I am wondering if there is a sandbox like feature such that I can open my browser very safely without worrying being compromised through it.

This is very useful as sometimes I browse Chinese websites, and some of them are really really contagious in a way I believe the malware is hard to detect;

a sandbox feature will be very helpful, may I know if we have anything application to the above?

Thank you.

Btw. it is necessary to have something like instant notification by email if anyone replying the post,

this would be very useful for us to get back to the right place.

Guest Tempus

Hi Sandbo, here are some loose thoughts from Legends twisted mind ^_^

No, Emsisoft do not offer a Sandbox ,or a sandbox like feature, but does offer another great zero day tool, their behavior blocker.
A behavior blocker, monitors your file activity, and will ask you whether a suspicious action was expected. But if you are interested in a sandbox, then I would choose " Sandboxie " it is more user friendly, and goes after my own experience, very well in combination with Emsisoft anti malware. Now that we are talking about zero day tools, then there is a tool that you must have in your arsenal,.. if you do not have it already? And that is a good backup plan of your operative sysytem, and your personal files.My thumb of rule is, that if you can answer yes to this question, then you are well protected in this regard. "I am able to totally recreate my system, even if my hard disk fails". If not, then I would figure out a good backup plan, that you will find handy, and would be able to handle the worst case scenario

As Legend already mentioned, Emsisoft Internet Security does not contain sandbox technology, and something like Sandboxie might be worth checking out. ;)

Thanks for the replies, I shall be looking into the mentioned software. It's great to know Emsi does have a behaviour blocker as a zero day tool, I hope that would save me one day I was careless enough to step into a trap, as I did before. :lol: