Hello!

My Emsisoft Mobile Security has been acting up recently.

Ever since I switched phones it has been popping up with a "Login error - Please sign in" periodically.

I click to log in using my Google Account, and it loops with a "Get started" screen.

It is really annoying, I tried reinstalling it from scratch, everything.

Next time it happens I will screenshot it.

Thanks in advance,

Lucas

This really happens from time to time and annoying.

The worst case is it appears that the phone was disconnected from the anti-theft network, if that's the case this would be a big issue that I sincerely hope you can take care of.

Hi sandbo,

Please excuse my very late answer to you.

We are working on a solution for this problem at the moment. Could you please visit "https://my.emsisoft.com/", log in with your Google account and tell me if your device is listed at the welcome screen (Dashboard) and under "Anti-Theft"?

Also, it would be good to have the following information:

1. the model of the device
   2. the android version
   3. please check if Emsisoft mobile security is listed as "Device Administrator“
   4. the email address which is used for the Google account (Please send it to me in PM if possible)
   5. Are there other security solutions installed?

In the meantime, should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me again.

Hi sandbo,

Please excuse my very late answer to you.

We are working on a solution for this problem at the moment. Could you please visit "https://my.emsisoft.com/", log in with your Google account and tell me if your device is listed at the welcome screen (Dashboard) and under "Anti-Theft"?

Also, it would be good to have the following information:

1. the model of the device
   2. the android version
   3. please check if Emsisoft mobile security is listed as "Device Administrator“
   4. the email address which is used for the Google account (Please send it to me in PM if possible)

5. Are there other security solutions installed?

In the meantime, should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me again.

Thanks for the reply,

I just logon with my Google Account on the page and my Nexus 4 is there (as the only Android device I have at this point).

1. Nexus 4

2. 4.4.4, but the same happens since it was 4.4.3

3. Yes, I found it under the security tab in setting

4. [email protected]

5. No, Emsi's is the only one on the phone now

I fully understand that it may take some time to figure out the cause and fix it; the point is really whether this is being handled.

Simply let me know when there is any update :D

Dear sandbo,

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

Of course we are looking into this right now, but it seems to be quite a tricky problem and "sadly" we've not to much info about the issue. Basically it could be caused by a bad internet connection, for example if you just use Edge and/or the data limit of your internet provider is gone. Considering that the application sends around 39kb and downloads around 60kb this could be the cause of the issue.

I forgot to ask, have you created your Google account by yourself or do you might use an account from an university or similar? And could you please have a look in the account settings of your Google account - could it be, that the account still needs a kind of verification?

In order to make sure is not a device configuration issue, please could you disable the Device Admin function for Emsisoft Mobile Security temporarily. Now please choose "Apps" from the Android settings, choose the entry for Emsisoft Mobile Security and clear the cache and data for the app. Please open Emsisoft Mobile Security now and re-attempt to login.

In the meantime, should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me again.

Dear sandbo,

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

Of course we are looking into this right now, but it seems to be quite a tricky problem and "sadly" we've not to much info about the issue. Basically it could be caused by a bad internet connection, for example if you just use Edge and/or the data limit of your internet provider is gone. Considering that the application sends around 39kb and downloads around 60kb this could be the cause of the issue.

I forgot to ask, have you created your Google account by yourself or do you might use an account from an university or similar? And could you please have a look in the account settings of your Google account - could it be, that the account still needs a kind of verification?

In order to make sure is not a device configuration issue, please could you disable the Device Admin function for Emsisoft Mobile Security temporarily. Now please choose "Apps" from the Android settings, choose the entry for Emsisoft Mobile Security and clear the cache and data for the app. Please open Emsisoft Mobile Security now and re-attempt to login.

In the meantime, should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me again.

Yes, the internet is bad down here, but then an easy solution is to auto login back

The point here would be if I didn't do the login myself, my phone is not connected again to the anti-thief network and all those features become useless, auto login would be very helpful in case of loss of internet temporarily.

However, I don't think that's the cause, because it happens even I am at home - the WiFi is perfectly strong, with cellular network available.

Finally, I am using my personal google account. Now I am wondering if the 2-step verification can be a problem, but whenever I am reconnecting, I didn't have to give any verification code.

And if I am connected, I can definitely send message and lock my phone by using the page you gave.

Please let me know in case any further information would be useful in tracking down the cause.

Dear sandbo,

Googles two-factor authentication is indeed a suspect. Every log that we checked reflects that the problem is not from the SDK.

Thank you for offering your help with this, it is highly appreciated. I'll come back with more information as soon as I can.

Dear sandbo,

I just wanted to inform you, that the developers finally managed to find a reproduction method for the issue.

It is not 100% so it will take a while to have it sorted out but we are working on it.

Thank you for your patience, I will keep you posted with the progress on this issue.

• Upvote 1

Dear sandbo,

I just wanted to inform you, that the developers finally managed to find a reproduction method for the issue.

It is not 100% so it will take a while to have it sorted out but we are working on it.

Thank you for your patience, I will keep you posted with the progress on this issue.

Thanks a lot for updating with me, it's glad to see Emsi managed to track it down, hopefully a fix will be available soon.

Dear sandbo,

I've sent you a possible fix for the problem via PM. It would be great if you could test and give Feedback.

Please let me know in case you should have any questions.

Thomas, could you PM me the fix as well?

Sorry for the delay.

1 - Motorola Moto X

2 - Android 4.4.3

3 - Emsisoft Mobile is, in fact, an Device Administrator

4 - [email protected]

5 - Only security program installed

My Google Account was created by myself, it's a "regular" account...

There is no data limit and I'm constantly in 4G, H+ (HSPA+) or regular 3G. Very very rarely on Edge.

Sorry again and thanks in advance.

Dear Cloakmaster,

Thank you for your follow up.

We'll most likely release a new version of Emsisoft Mobile Security over the Google Play Store soon. I've sent you the new installer with instructions over PM.

It would be great if you could test if it fixes the issue for you.