tommyb

update problems

Since 2 pm I can not update a-squared free with a message that Ikarus server is unavailable.

Since the same thing happened few days ago, is anybody doing something to fix those (server update) problems ? I am thinking of buying Mamutu and a-squared anti malware, but with these problems ... (?)

I hope that it will be fixed soon.

All IKARUS server are down currently. Since they haven't sent us any notification about the down time (at least not as far as I know) I have to assume that there are technical problems causing the outage. I will try to get additional information as soon as possible.

Hi sharptooth53, welcome to the forum

Since you read this and other referred thread you know that the temporary problem is with the server.

Re: "the infection" - most likely you are not infected ... but coincidents happen

(let's hope not :) )

You should update your Antivirus anyway and/or other on-demand scanner(s)

My regards

Ehhrrr... Thought that was what he (and we all) is trying to do.

Hi mickel,

Ehhhrrrr.... :)

This is a2-Free section - you must have Antivirus in place

Cheers!

p.s. and , yes the Ikarus update is back again

The possibility of getting infected I think is very low though with out-dated datebase running on your PC and IDS on If you only run applications from trusted vendors.

The possibility of getting infected I think is very low though with out-dated datebase running on your PC and IDS on If you only run applications from trusted vendors.

Unfortunately sharptooth53, who asked the question about infection haven't mentioned anything about the system environment and what kind of layers of protection are running.

Actually that is not the fact at all that the possibility of being infected is "very" low, as you said

Running applications from trusted vendors have to be downloaded in the 1st place. You have to be careful (always) anyway ... and visiting sites like even "trusted" Antivirus sites as it was reported in the past can bring you "unpleasant surprises" and you can be infected (e.g. the case with Trend Micro , Japan not very long ago... etc.)

We have to be optimistic but we cannot be careless

Cheers!

This morning everything seems to be OK. But, even this was not EMSI's problem, IKARUS is EMSI's partner and it would have been nice that they had noticed about server problems. In past few day it is second time that (forever reason)that a-squared can not be updated regularly, so please try to solve that issue.

THX in advance

well it is working now, thanks. i just started using this program. this old pc (8 yrs old) cant handle much, so the lesser programs running, the better, if possible. i was looking for a program that doesn't cause lagging when left on all the time.