marzametal

EAM v8 Paid/v9 Beta and SpyShelter Premium v9 Overlap

I think there is an overlap between EAM v9 and SpyShelter Premium v9. Mind you, this was doing my head in even with EAM v8, but I had no clue what was causing it, since I use a number of security applications. So I went and reinstalled Windows, did all the usual updates, and first thing I installed was SpyShelter Premium v9.

Then I went ahead and installed EAM v9 Beta, and SSP did kick up an alert. So I continued to install EAM v9 via SSP Installer Mode. All worked well. I also added the SSP executable into File Guard / Whitelist as a process with 3 ticks.

Then I tried to install something else, and SSP was silent. So, in EAM, I paused protection to see if SSP would provide me with an alert... and it did! Now I am questioning myself... in an Emsisoft forum thread I saw someone say that SSP is a HIPS (might have been catprincess as a nickname, not too sure), hence I decided to replace Online Amor with SSP. Now I am wondering if I need to remove SSP altogether or disable an EAM guard, since whitelisting wasn't good enough.

Thoughts?

Please allow me to apologize for taking so long to reply.

I'm glad to hear that you were able to find the cause of the issue. Please let us know if you have any further trouble. ;)