EAM v9 windows too large for netbook screen

Using XP on a Samsung N130 netbook, with a native screen resolution of 1024 x 600.

EAM just updated itself here to v9.  When I click the systray icon the EAM window opens and takes over the whole screen.  There's no window frame or eg bottom righthand-corner draggable resize triangle.  As far as I can tell - eg from looking at the LOGS window, and reading the help info that refers to buttons on that window, I am not seeing the whole window.  

I described this potential problem in post 12 of the EAM v9 beta thread, in early May.  It seems that what I said has been ignored.  What annoys me most is that there's acres of space on the windows which has been sacrificed (presumably for some trendy visual design aspect) that gets in the way of usability of the product.

I am not impressed, nor happy. 

KathyJ: you said you drag it around....    I read that and hoped...  but ...   By clicking in the topmost 5mm or so of the window (where one might expect a window title bar to be) I can drag the window sideways with no problem, or downwards (but then even less of its content is visible).   Later I found that I can do this by clicking on almost any of the white section above the green-bar-with-moving-pale-green-blobs but one has to be careful not to click on a link to another page.

I have found that I can drag the window up a very small amount - enough for example on the initial Overview display to be able to see just a hint of the 'news' section below the tiles....  But I can only drag it up a little because there are hardly any points on the display on which one can click which are draggable.    There are no points that I've found on the left- or right-border or in the white backgound areas of the display below the green bar, which one can use to drag the whole window up the screen.

Also, because the window frames are not visible in their usual way, it's impossible to tell where the bottom of the useful content is,

The only way I knew initially that there were buttons I could not see was from the help text's description of them. 

KathyJ: you said you drag it around....    I read that and hoped...  but ...   By clicking in the topmost 5mm or so of the window (where one might expect a window title bar to be) I can drag the window sideways with no problem, or downwards (but then even less of its content is visible).   Later I found that I can do this by clicking on almost any of the white section above the green-bar-with-moving-pale-green-blobs but one has to be careful not to click on a link to another page.

I have found that I can drag the window up a very small amount - enough for example on the initial Overview display to be able to see just a hint of the 'news' section below the tiles....  But I can only drag it up a little because there are hardly any points on the display on which one can click which are draggable.    There are no points that I've found on the left- or right-border or in the white backgound areas of the display below the green bar, which one can use to drag the whole window up the screen.

Also, because the window frames are not visible in their usual way, it's impossible to tell where the bottom of the useful content is,

The only way I knew initially that there were buttons I could not see was from the help text's description of them. 

I apologize because I didn't make myself clear. I have to drag it around but then I still can't see all of it at the bottom of my screen because it is so big, it won't go up but so far and that isn't enough. It sounds like you are seeing the same as I am.

What worked for me was to go into the shortcut properties and click on Compatibility and then put a check mark in the "disable display scaling on high DPI settings".  Everything about this program is showing now. Maybe this will work for you.

What worked for me was to go into the shortcut properties and click on Compatibility and then put a check mark in the "disable display scaling on high DPI settings".  Everything about this program is showing now. Maybe this will work for you.

That will only work if the screen is partially hidden due to UI scaling. The problem Jeremy has however is that the window doesn't fit even if it is not scaled to begin with.