Stalker90

What is happening with you Emsisoft?

Hello,i am Emsisoft Antimalware user,and i use it few years...Firstly i will say,this is amazing product,i like a new design and other things,but this product has also a flaws....today i was go to the malwaredomainlist site and i noticed that EAM dont detect a latest malicious url-s,many of them are few days old most of them with IE Exploit and EAM dont detect it,i had check this url-s on virus total and they are malicious,and detected . ..Even Google browser block it,but EAM not...Why EAM web filter is going down the hill?  You need to improve web shield,not enough good. And why you dont add a option for submit a malicious url-s lists to the EAM?

Please improve web detection,i really dont want to use again MBAM Pro to improve protection along with EAM and to choke my PC performance.I dont feel enough safe right now.

Greetings from Serbia

And one more thing i forgot to say,can we expect one day some advanced desinfection modules in EAM? You really need this features. I cannot imagine cleaning a badly infected windows files with EAM that would end very bad.....And also it would be nice to see a home page browser locking protection to prevent hijacking....greetings

And one more thing i forgot to say,can we expect one day some advanced desinfection modules in EAM? You really need this features. I cannot imagine cleaning a badly infected windows files with EAM that would end very bad.....And also it would be nice to see a home page browser locking protection to prevent hijacking....greetings

EAM will direct you to the support forum in case it finds an infected Windows file.

today i was go to the malwaredomainlist site and i noticed that EAM dont detect a latest malicious url-s,many of them are few days old most of them with IE Exploit and EAM dont detect it,i had check this url-s on virus total and they are malicious,and detected . ..Even Google browser block it,but EAM not...Why EAM web filter is going down the hill?

These links are not fresh, some sites were already cleaned. I've just had a look at latest links and most are dead. Note that Emsisoft may detect the malicious payload even if it doesn't detect the URL.

For example:

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/9bcdb492b7f221438b3599f06de70a3ad5a3b726ebf740f5ff13a54d59832327/analysis/1404640432/

There's indeed a malicious javascript in the source code: http://c**ma.de/fjzlnvhb.php?id=53433327 but since it's dead nothing will happen when opening the page.

Hello,i am Emsisoft Antimalware user,and i use it few years...Firstly i will say,this is amazing product,i like a new design and other things,but this product has also a flaws....today i was go to the malwaredomainlist site and i noticed that EAM dont detect a latest malicious url-s,many of them are few days old most of them with IE Exploit and EAM dont detect it,i had check this url-s on virus total and they are malicious,and detected . ..Even Google browser block it,but EAM not...Why EAM web filter is going down the hill?

The better question is: Why do those web filter still insist those pages are infected even though they have been cleaned days ago? In general we try to avoid targeting hacked sites, which the majority of those pages are. Instead we focus on payload servers as well as the exploit drop sites. It is just far more efficient. It is just better to block the server hosting the iframe that was injected to thousands of hacked blogs instead of blocking those thousands of hacked blogs.

And why you dont add a option for submit a malicious url-s lists to the EAM?

We do accept URL submissions via the forum as well as the submission form on our homepage. The submission features in EAM are designed to conveniently report false positives. You can submit undetected files that way as well, but it isn't the best way to go about it.

And one more thing i forgot to say,can we expect one day some advanced desinfection modules in EAM? You really need this features. I cannot imagine cleaning a badly infected windows files with EAM that would end very bad.....And also it would be nice to see a home page browser locking protection to prevent hijacking....

You really should not clean badly infected windows files. There is no way to restore them to their pristine state without a backup in most cases, as the malware that infected or patched them overwrote crucial data that you need to fully reconstruct it. In fact, EAM or EEK for that matter will not even attempt to clean such a mess and direct you to our support instead.

Mr.Wosar thank you very much for detailed answer. I love Emsisoft your product is fantastic,keep up the good work!!! I had tested EAM against 1000 malware in VM and it block than 99,4 percent simple beautiful.

Yes you are right about payload and exploit drop site,i realize now....Thats why you are experts,and this product is simply amazing 

Can we expect one day a Emsisoft web filter with additional option like Web Of Trust filter so we can see green,yellow,and red light notification on sites? That would be interesting....or you maybe dont want to integrate that because hackers can bypass that,and attack legitimate sites?

And two more question did EAM scans Master Boot Record?

Can we protect from most advanced rare BIOS malware by locking entire BIOS and forbide writing and access? We had see Mebromi so there are threats in wild

Mr.Wosar i would also like to see a EAM translated to Serbian language that would be very nice to see.Yes i know we are small country,but who knows maybe it will be translated one day.

edit

Oh i did not see yes it is already translated i found a option. ..very nice

I had also noticed a better memory consuption,new EAM use now less ram,but it would be nice to we see even lighter usage if is possible. And in scanning use almost 200 MB...I must say CPU usage is excellent mostly about 10 percent usage,i have old i5 760 4.2 GHz oc quad core. Maybe there are still places for ram usage optimizations

Can we expect one day a Emsisoft web filter with additional option like Web Of Trust filter so we can see green,yellow,and red light notification on sites? That would be interesting....or you maybe dont want to integrate that because hackers can bypass that,and attack legitimate sites?

No. Such a feature would either require breaking SSL or adding a browser plugin. Both of which we try to avoid.

And two more question did EAM scans Master Boot Record?

It does, as part of the rootkit scan.

Can we protect from most advanced rare BIOS malware by locking entire BIOS and forbide writing and access? We had see Mebromi so there are threats in wild

There is no way to lock the BIOS simply because the interfaces to write the BIOS aren't public to begin with. That being said, flashing the BIOS does require loading of kernel mode code which is detected by EAM. If you don't want malware to flash your BIOS, set or unset the jumper on your main board that prevents BIOS flashing (if it has one).

Ok. I have some option in BIOS i use ASRock H55M-LE motherboard,and option no access and password protected.. I will also remove jumper tomorrow thank you ser for this great advice.  Security is most important. I also using every 2 days a scan with MBAM and always clean,and my EAM protector is doing all job simple amazing,Emsisoft is No 1 i had used many programs but after EAM never look other ones. Have a nice day