haiku

a2service going mad

I restarted my PC - as per Emsisoft's requirements - after the update that I received yesterday.

Since then (nearly twelve hours ago) - and despite two (additional) restarts - my system is now running at 100%, with a2service consuming as much as 49%.

a2guard is consuming as much as 18%, a2start up to 20%, with an associated (?) svchost consuming most of whatever is left.

All Anti-Malware updates show as successful.

A full Anti-Malware scan at 03h30 this morning shows no problems.

In short: HELP !!!

Many thanks for the prompt reply.

I am also having problems with oasrv chewing memory <sigh> so maybe a complete reinstall of both products wouldn't go amiss.

Any idea of how cleanly the products uninstall ?  I hate the thought of little bits of code hanging around ...

I always reboot twice after uninstalling security type software. OA specially needs this. I usually turn off OA via right-click option in taskbar icon before uninstalling, same with EAM.

After the re-installs this post may prove helpful (although the locations may have changed slightly in the new EAM :))

http://support.emsisoft.com/topic/12279-question-about-eam-and-oa-exclusions/

I regret to say this but the latest update(s) to EAM will probably cause me to drop all of Emsisoft's products.

After reinstalling (twice) my scan times remain at three times what they were.

And this morning I found my machine hanging - something that never happens <sigh> - with the result that none of my overnight processing took place

In short: damn & dash !

500 MB of RAM sounds about right. Only half of that is actually kept in RAM though. Less if the memory optimization is enabled. About your scan times: Are you sure that you have Online Armor ++ installed? Online Armor ++ has been discontinued for years and it is likely causing the issues you are experiencing. I would recommend uninstalling Online Armor ++ in that case and switching to Online Armor instead.