Viper007

EIS 9 Beta I cant activate the firewall

I installed emsisoft internet security 9 beta and downloaded the latest beta and now i cant activate the firewall im not running any other antivirus or firewall and windows firewall is off, i tried restarting my pc but that still never fixed the issue.

Ive also had many issues regarding the updating sometimes it takes very long like a few mins when it use to be very fast, sometimes after 2 hours it dont update the BD updates just the hosts.

I cant even install emsisoft internet security 9 beta cause when its fully installed my network said limited and i could not do anything, also i could not even turn on the behaviour blocker for some reason not just the firewall.

Beta Version 9.0.0.4208

Firewall, Behavior Blocker, Surf Protection. All were off. Could not turn on. All internet connectivity Blocked. 

Steps Taken:

Reboot, Result: No Change

Check Network settings: All OK

Check Local Area Connection Properties: Disable Emisoft Network Filter, Result:Internet connectivity restored.

Surf Protection and Behavior Blocker still inactive and unable to select.

Turn on Firewall: Successful

Unsure what else to try.

Beta Version 9.0.0.4208

Experienced Beta Tester

Uninstall 4208 and reinstall an earlier build.  4208 is a bad build.  Everyone has had the same problem.

Thank you  Peter.

Source to download an earlier version? All updates have been automatic since original install for Beta Program and I'm not sure I archived a copy of the original installer.

A re-install of the current "trial" reverts to the version  prior to 9.0.0.4208. I did this and re-marked the "allow beta downloads" which downloads the *.*.*4208 version.

Temporarily un-check this until a new build is released.

Hope this helps.

A tool button or even right clicking on the "?" to show the current version build number would be helpful as I cannot seem to find an easy way to display it from the "Overview" interface or elsewhere except by going to the a2start.exe file properties details tab. 

A tool button or even right clicking on the "?" to show the current version build number would be helpful as I cannot seem to find an easy way to display it from the "Overview" interface or elsewhere except by going to the a2start.exe file properties details tab. 

Try clicking the About button in the Overview ;). In addition you can display the version number permanently directly on the Overview screen by closing the Renew link in the License box using the x that appears once you hover the link with your mouse. 

Try clicking the About button in the Overview ;). In addition you can display the version number permanently directly on the Overview screen by closing the Renew link in the License box using the x that appears once you hover the link with your mouse. 

Thanks, Since it was below the Facebook button and the same style; I assumed it was information about Facebook. I avoid FB as it shares too much information without careful settings.