jhr76

Unable to use free mode

Hi. I have always used Emsisoft Anti Malware in its freeware mode as an on demand scanner since I do not like/use resident protection for any of my security software. Prior to the update to version 9 you had 3 options upon installation: trial mode, paid license and limited freeware mode. I always chose the latter; however with the latest update this was no longer posible, you had to either enter a license or use the 30 day trial, so I did assuming I would be given the option to select the freeware mode once it expired. It appears I was mistaken since now whenever I try to open the program I get a dialog asking me to change the licese and the only options are the 30 day trial and to enter a license. If I select the trial I get an error message stating that the trial has expired and to please enter a license for the full version.

Does anyone know how to resolve this? Thanks a lot in advance.

I run the a2wizard.exe and I get no free option. I can only select a 30 day trial or buying the full license. Like the OP I used this software for years for on demand scanning.

When I open a2wizard.exe. I'm presented with three buttons: 30 day trial, enter license key and buy a new license key. After I click on 30 day trial button I'm immediately taken to choosing whether I want to join the "Emsisoft Anti-Malware Netowork" or not and there seems to be nothing that lets me select the freeware mode.

When I open a2wizard.exe. I'm presented with three buttons: 30 day trial, enter license key and buy a new license key. After I click on 30 day trial button I'm immediately taken to choosing whether I want to join the "Emsisoft Anti-Malware Netowork" or not and there seems to be nothing that lets me select the freeware mode.

a2wizard.exe doesn't give me the freeware option, either.