digmor crusher

EIS Would Not Open

Current beta was working great last night, today I could not open program, looked in taskmanager and it was not running, tried rebooting a couple times, nothing. So uninstalled, could not find EIS beta so downloaded EAM 30 day trial, enabled beta updates but no firewall now. Not sure if that is the correct procedure to upgrade or not, obviously not. How can I revert back to EIS beta?  Thanks.

Tried again,uninstalled, even used Emsiclean,  same thing after closing will not open again and a box pops up saying some components were damaged or did not load properly. Also firewall could not be activated. So had enough, installed EAM and is working fine. I have a license with 220 days remaining on EAM and Online Armour, would it be possible to extend my EAM license using the remaining days on the OA license, do not need the firewall, have a router firewall and will also use the Windows firewall.  Thanks.

That happened here as well after the last Windows 7 update.

Exactly the same thing with two computers running Win7 64bit.

EIS9 Beta stopped working and won't load even after a full reinstall.

Hi all,

digmor crusher, please send me your Emsisoft Anti-Malware and Online Armor key via PM (personal message).

I will take a look on it and will add the Online Armor license time to your Emsisoft Anti-Malware.

Also we will check this issue with the EIS Beta soon as possible.

Hello,

@ diegop & guit30, Would it be possible to create debug logs for us on your system?

If yes please give me a short feedback.

Sorry, I already unistalled EIS 9 because I need a functional AV in both computers.

EAM9 is working well.

See the attached file for the last Windows updates.

I suspect that one them caused the problem.

post-33331-0-69840900-1408020499_thumb.jpg
Download Image

Same here! Have been using EIS (beta) for some time now and love it.

Yesterday (13-8-14) my Windows 7 reported that "I was not protected and to turn on EIS". Also "turn on Windows firewall".

Rebooted several times, still same. Uninstalled and then reinstalled. The firewall was now active but surf protection, file guard and behaviour blocker could not be activated.

Rebooted and EIS had once again stopped!

Uninstalled and reinstalled again with same result.

This seems to have happened after EIS update 13-8-14.

This also happened on another PC running EIS.

Has anyone in technical support got the solution as I need a working AV!

Hi Andrew,

As I said EIS 9 beta could not be accessed so I uninstalled it again and reinstalled.

Without rebooting I checked all the components and found that all was enabled except the firewall. (The opposite to yesterday). Could not enable it so clicked on update and a few more signatures were downloaded.

Still no good so tried a reboot and still no firewall. Clicked on update again and another signature was installed.

This time was able to start the firewall option.

Something in the update on 13-8-14 kept on corrupting the application so in short all is working again.

Hi Andrew,

As I said EIS 9 beta could not be accessed so I uninstalled it again and reinstalled.

Without rebooting I checked all the components and found that all was enabled except the firewall. (The opposite to yesterday). Could not enable it so clicked on update and a few more signatures were downloaded.

Still no good so tried a reboot and still no firewall. Clicked on update again and another signature was installed.

This time was able to start the firewall option.

Something in the update on 13-8-14 kept on corrupting the application so in short all is working again.

Hello,

I mentioned the beta updates as, by default, a clean installation of either EIS or EAM does not have this option enabled.

We found and fixed the issue anyways, so it should work even without beta updates option enabled.