peter7879

Program Guard option disables my mouse

I installed the trial of Online Armour but i have a problem when Program Guard option is enabled. It disables the left and right click of my mouse, i can move the mouse but i can't click. I had to disable this option because i can't use my mouse.

Any idea why this is happening? I am using Windows 7 x32.

If you open OA and select History from the left hand side is anything showing as being blocked?

If you open OA and select Programs from the left hand side then make sure the 'hide trusted' tickbox at the bottom is unticked, is anything showing up in red ? (blocked)

What type is your mouse, wired, bluetooth etc ? 

After few restarts of my PC now it seems the problem is gone and i can operate with my mouse. But in History or Programs reports there was not information why this may happened.

But i have another problem. It seems Program Guard is blocking roboform to attach the toolbar to firefox. This is what i am getting:

Cg0LvBOl.jpg

And this is the report from the History:

Created:      9/4/2014 10:31:19 AM
Summary:      Program Guard: RoboTaskBarIcon.exe -> RoboForm.DLL
Description:  C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Local\Temp\RoboForm\RoboTaskBarIcon.exe(3784) wants to set global hook to (C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Local\Temp\RoboForm\RoboForm.DLL)
Event type:   Program Guard(9)
Event action: Blocked(3)

I made RoboForm.DLL trusted but this didn't fix the problem.

Yes, i set RoboTaskBarIcon.exe to trusted but this didn't fix the problem. I had to set "set global hook" to "allow" from advanced options and that fixed the problem. What does it mean, by the way, "set global hook" option?

From this MSDN article:

A global hook monitors messages for all threads in the same desktop as the calling thread. A thread-specific hook monitors messages for only an individual thread. A global hook procedure can be called in the context of any application in the same desktop as the calling thread, so the procedure must be in a separate DLL module. A thread-specific hook procedure is called only in the context of the associated thread. If an application installs a hook procedure for one of its own threads, the hook procedure can be in either the same module as the rest of the application's code or in a DLL. If the application installs a hook procedure for a thread of a different application, the procedure must be in a DLL.

The article is intended for developers, however it does give some basic information about what hooks are, such as the following:

A hook is a mechanism by which an application can intercept events, such as messages, mouse actions, and keystrokes. A function that intercepts a particular type of event is known as a hook procedure. A hook procedure can act on each event it receives, and then modify or discard the event.