Michael-Vic

CLOSED Online Armor uses 30-40% of CPU

So i installed Online Armor for a while now and everything is fine except the fact that uses 30%-40% of my CPU

I have a i5 4690k and it does not make a difference when running older games and browsing but it does when i run games like BF4 :i dropped 30 FPS because of it(from 80 to 50).

Also i closed all the applications(except windows ones) with task manager and it STILL uses 35%.

So it would be nice if you guys could fix this issue.

Best regards,

Michael

Boot or Reboot? There is a distinctive difference in Windows 8.1. The only way you can get a new and pristine OS instance is to reboot as a normal shutdown & boot will trigger Hybrid Boot instead which will result in parts of your old session being reused.

I did not know OA was compatible with Windows 8.1. It only list compatibility with Windows 8 here. http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/oa/

That's because it is almost the same system anyways. The changes under the hood are minuscule. At least in those areas relevant to Online Armor. That is why most products that worked on Windows 8 continue to work under 8.1 as well.