The Prodigy

No internet connection at boot... after update from beta to full.

I've been using Emsisoft Internet Security (beta) for a few months now, and was totally happy with it.
(I'm using a merged license key from AntiMalware and Online Armor)
Yesterday I got the final version, but now I'm having problems with my internet connection...

- When I boot my pc, the whole internet connection is blocked, and I have to click 'pause protection' and resume again, before my connection works again.
What can be wrong?
This happens everytime I boot my pc.
(I did not have this problems with the beta version)

Hello Dx3me,

It appears Emsisoft Internet Security interferes with the DHCP lookup on your system. Can you please check that your network is set to "Private" under Protection/Firewall/Manage networks?

In general the way EIS behaves is that it enforce rules during boot and block all access that it has no rules for until the GUI is loaded. Could you please create a rule like this under Protection/Firewall:

NrDbmHg.png

Then move the new rule up to the very top of the rule list. That should ensure that DHCP requests are going through no matter what. Does the problem still occur with such a rule in place?

Thanks for trying the rule. You can remove it again. We are trying to reproduce the problem in-house. Would you be available for some additional tests to narrow down the cause in case we can't reproduce it?

Hi Fabian

I'm not sure if I have the same problem (so jumping on the band wagon here), but my internet connection takes ages to kick in when I start my laptop. Usually the network is found as soon as I've booted my laptop, but now find I have to wait around 5 minutes to do so.