DazEErR

CLOSED Can't install fully or even uninstall this product.... Srly

So I'm pretty obsessed with piracy and what not, and after searching around the nets for information Emsisoft seems like the right choice. I'm completely willing to throw down money for it once I tried it fully myself, however I can't get through the installation process, my computer crashes, every other program running on my computer I've hard for months and not one crash. Just to make sure I uninstalled it, oh wait, no I didn't because it crashed/freeze my pc during the uninstall process. After booting into safe mode I uninstalled it successfully then. After that I re downloaded the installer to make sure it wasn't corrupt, so after getting past the update window to scanning, it crashes AGAIN, after rebooting pc again (got ssd  :mellow: ) I closed every other running process and all those BS background services in task man like Vmware/teamviewer etc. Crash again this time at 96% of update.

Help?

It would be helpful to know what product you tried to install to begin with. You created the thread in the Emsisoft Internet Security forum, so I would assume you try to install Emsisoft Internet Security. But it would be quite helpful to know for sure. You also mentioned various crashes. It would be helpful if you could post the crash message or maybe a screenshot of such a crash.

Thanks.

It would be helpful to know what product you tried to install to begin with. You created the thread in the Emsisoft Internet Security forum, so I would assume you try to install Emsisoft Internet Security. But it would be quite helpful to know for sure. You also mentioned various crashes. It would be helpful if you could post the crash message or maybe a screenshot of such a crash.

Thanks.

Yes Emsisoft Internet Security (latest version). I can't possibly screenshot the crash as the only input responding at the freeze point is the power switch lol. Is there a log from a textfile a can post>?

Windows 7 SP1 with every update.

Computer specs:

i5 2500k
8GB Muskin Ram 
AMD 7950 
Kingston HyperX SSD 

Can you check whether or not a crash dump was written during the reboot? You can find them under C:\Windows\Minidump.

Nothing there, bare in mind i've restarted after uninstalling emsisoft twice, will installing and crashing again create a log?

Id send you my complete installed programs list via PM if thats helpful.

In my experience, complete lockups are caused by hardware problems. Have you tried running the Emsisoft Emergency Kit to check for possible viruses in your computer? Do you have other anti-malware software installed on your computer?

If there aren't any logs there now, it is unlikely there will be any logs when you install again. Since your system locks up completely the only way to get any meaningful information about what is going on on your system would be a full memory dump when the freeze occurs. However, such dumps can be quite large. If you don't mind uploading a few hundred mega bytes, I can send you the appropriate instructions.

If there aren't any logs there now, it is unlikely there will be any logs when you install again. Since your system locks up completely the only way to get any meaningful information about what is going on on your system would be a full memory dump when the freeze occurs. However, such dumps can be quite large. If you don't mind uploading a few hundred mega bytes, I can send you the appropriate instructions.

Yes I'm down for that.

In my experience, complete lockups are caused by hardware problems. Have you tried running the Emsisoft Emergency Kit to check for possible viruses in your computer? Do you have other anti-malware software installed on your computer?

Ran Hitman Pro, MB Anti-Malware, herdprotect and KAS one last time before unistalling. Clean

First of all you need to set up your system to write a full memory dump in case a blue screen occurs. You can find the required steps to do so here:

http://support.emsisoft.com/topic/3809-how-to-configure-automatic-memory-dumps-in-case-of-blue-screens/

Then you need to set up a special hot key that allows you to trigger a blue screen on command. The instructions to do so can be found here:

http://support.emsisoft.com/topic/3816-how-to-cause-a-controlled-blue-screen/

After you made both changes, reboot and try to install EIS again. When the system is frozen, hit the hot key to blue screen your system (by default: hold down the right control key and press the scroll lock key twice). This will cause your system to write a full memory dump. The dump will be located in C:\Windows\Memory.dmp. Once you got that file, please send me a PM so I can send you the required FTP details to upload it. You can also upload it to your cloud storage or a one click hoster if you prefer that over FTP and just send me the URL to that file via PM.

First of all you need to set up your system to write a full memory dump in case a blue screen occurs. You can find the required steps to do so here:

http://support.emsisoft.com/topic/3809-how-to-configure-automatic-memory-dumps-in-case-of-blue-screens/

Then you need to set up a special hot key that allows you to trigger a blue screen on command. The instructions to do so can be found here:

http://support.emsisoft.com/topic/3816-how-to-cause-a-controlled-blue-screen/

After you made both changes, reboot and try to install EIS again. When the system is frozen, hit the hot key to blue screen your system (by default: hold down the right control key and press the scroll lock key twice). This will cause your system to write a full memory dump. The dump will be located in C:\Windows\Memory.dmp. Once you got that file, please send me a PM so I can send you the required FTP details to upload it. You can also upload it to your cloud storage or a one click hoster if you prefer that over FTP and just send me the URL to that file via PM.

When my computer went frozen the keyboard doesn't work at all, for example pressing caps lock don't bring the light up. So I couldn't create the memory dump. Also interestingly when I rebooted and closed the installation window to write you this post my computer crashed again?? so I had to go into safe mode again and uninstall it to write you this ;)

How far along the installation process does it get?

If I didn't know better I'd say this sounds as if it's related to networking. Do you have virtualbox installed? Check your network adapter properties to see what is listed there. Anything non-standard?

Also, you HAVE removed all other antivirus / internet security software programmes? It may be worthwhile running the registry cleaner part of ccleaner repeatedly until it gives a "clean" result, reboot PC then try and reinstall again (from experience uninstalling google crap still leaves the registry services entries there and ccleaner is about the easiest way of getting rid of them. I'm assuming that there are still remains of your previous security software lurking in the registry & services)

How far along the installation process does it get?

If I didn't know better I'd say this sounds as if it's related to networking. Do you have virtualbox installed? Check your network adapter properties to see what is listed there. Anything non-standard?

Also, you HAVE removed all other antivirus / internet security software programmes? It may be worthwhile running the registry cleaner part of ccleaner repeatedly until it gives a "clean" result, reboot PC then try and reinstall again (from experience uninstalling google crap still leaves the registry services entries there and ccleaner is about the easiest way of getting rid of them. I'm assuming that there are still remains of your previous security software lurking in the registry & services)

Here's a pic off all my networks 

http://i.gyazo.com/ae564a5e773df7435dd09a2bf20bd1ee.png

Are all anti-virus programs uninstalled? Does your computer freeze during the scan process of the installation? If there are other anti-virus programs like Kaspersky,  you may be experiencing memory share violations. It would be really helpful if there was a blue screen error code to help pin point the problem.

When my computer went frozen the keyboard doesn't work at all, for example pressing caps lock don't bring the light up. So I couldn't create the memory dump. Also interestingly when I rebooted and closed the installation window to write you this post my computer crashed again?? so I had to go into safe mode again and uninstall it to write you this ;)

The hot key you enabled with Bella Vista is checked by your USB or key board driver and it is exceptionally rare for it not to work. In fact in most cases where it does not work the cause is a hardware issue. Have you actually tried the hot key or did you just assume it won't work because the systems doesn't accept any other input either?

An active VirtualBox installation would definitely trigger a blue screen.

The hot key you enabled with Bella Vista is checked by your USB or key board driver and it is exceptionally rare for it not to work. In fact in most cases where it does not work the cause is a hardware issue. Have you actually tried the hot key or did you just assume it won't work because the systems doesn't accept any other input either?

An active VirtualBox installation would definitely trigger a blue screen.

of course I tried the hotkey (it works while the computer is not frozen), and just encased you missed it, my computer still crashes even after closing the installation window after about minute. An active VirtualBox installation would definitely trigger a blue screen? what do you mean? my computer doesn't blue screen it just completely locks up and the only thing for me to do is to hold down the power button.

EDIT: if this helps here is a list of all processes that I normally have running...

http://pastebin.com/fknrXV7z

I had a similar problem this morning. Had to uninstall VirtualBox. After that the freezing went away.

I found this info on how to get Emsisoft & VB working together, but I have yet to try it: http://support.emsisoft.com/topic/14363-how-to-use-emsisoft-oa-emsisoft-is-v9-with-virtual-box/

Anyhow, if possible uninstall VirtualBox just to see if it makes a difference. You won't lose any of your VB images.

I had a similar problem this morning. Had to uninstall VirtualBox. After that the freezing went away.

I found this info on how to get Emsisoft & VB working together, but I have yet to try it: http://support.emsisoft.com/topic/14363-how-to-use-emsisoft-oa-emsisoft-is-v9-with-virtual-box/

Anyhow, if possible uninstall VirtualBox just to see if it makes a difference. You won't lose any of your VB images.

I VmWare workstation? reckon uninstalling that will help?

I VmWare workstation? reckon uninstalling that will help?

There are no known issues with VMware, So it won't be the cause. Have you used VirtualBox in the past maybe? I know especially older versions of VirtualBox were extremely sloppy when uninstalling certain drivers. That could be the cause for the issue.

There are no known issues with VMware, So it won't be the cause. Have you used VirtualBox in the past maybe? I know especially older versions of VirtualBox were extremely sloppy when uninstalling certain drivers. That could be the cause for the issue.

Just removed the last of the virtualbox drivers from windows folder and registry, still crashes....

Did you remove this reg key (and then reboot)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\VBoxNetFlt

Yes, it even crashes if I try to install it in safe mode.

Installing anything in safe mode is a really bad idea. Unless you can get us the memory dump there is unfortunately little I can do for you. Without a way to see what is locking up your system, we would be just guessing, uninstalling every application until we eventually figure out what is causing it.

Installing anything in safe mode is a really bad idea. Unless you can get us the memory dump there is unfortunately little I can do for you. Without a way to see what is locking up your system, we would be just guessing, uninstalling every application until we eventually figure out what is causing it.

Ill just leave it for now, when I get round to re-installing windows in the future I'll install EIS 1st and then periodically install all my other programs and report back here ;)