Sign in to follow this  
wagesoffear

C:\i386\regedt32.exe detected: Trojan.Win32.Genome.cfmy!A2 and others

OK, I followed all the instructions on this link:

http://support.emsisoft.com/index.php?/forum-6/announcement-2-start-here-if-you-dont-we-are-just-going-to-send-you-back-to-this-thread/

I downloaded and ran all the programmes although my adaware said there was a trojan in the iseeyouxp.exe file and so deleted it - obviously, I didn't run it (see attached log).

I ran CCleaner.

For the record, about a week ago I got infected with the "Antivirus Soft" virus, which was incredibly problematic to remove and really messed up my system. The alleged source of the file was old pdf files, which I think I activated through clicking a link on amazon.

Anyways, I think this latest list of a2 scans are false positives but I look forward to seeing what you diagnose.

Hi wagesoffear, welcome to the forum

Recently there were two updates of a2 Signatures

(regedt32.exe & winmsd.exe ) detected: Trojan.Win32.Genome.cmet!A2

were definitely fixed already. Please update

As for detections like

C:\WINDOWS\Installer\{00020409-78E1-11D2-B60F-006097C998E7}\outicon.exe 	detected: Trojan.Win32.Crypt.CFI!A2

Please see this thread http://support.emsisoft.com/topic/1561-trojanwin32droppera2-in-c-windowsinstaller/

That should be fixed too

Cookies are harmless and never representing threats. You can clean cookies prior to scanning

If you have other detections after the update please submit the items from the detection list to EMSI developers for analysis

My regards

Hi, I'm completely new to these forums and pretty computer illiterate. I did a scan with a2 yesterday and the Trojan.Win32.Genome.cmet!A2 and Trojan.Win32.Genome.cfmy!A2 came up in exactly the places mentioned by Lynx: regedt32.exe and winmsd.exe. I've now run the scan three times and tried removing them but after the third scan there are still 3 traces left ( originally there were about 10.

I was wondering what the following means:

"Recently there were two updates of a2 Signatures

(regedt32.exe & winmsd.exe ) detected: Trojan.Win32.Genome.cmet!A2

were definitely fixed already. Please update"

Are these really malware, or nothing to worry about? If they are bad, any suggestion how to get rid of them?

Thanks in advance.

...Are these really malware, or nothing to worry about? If they are bad, any suggestion how to get rid of them?...

Hi Bokaj, welcome to the forum

Those were False Positives (FP) - an Errors on behalf of the security Software

Not everything that is flagged by security Software is necessarily malware

You should not "get rid" of them or any other FPs by any means

Please read Forum's Stickies; read about the detections/flaggings made by this or any other securities;

what are FP's;

the way to investigate the matters;

and sure never hesitate to ask if you have any questions

My regards

p.s.

- FAQs / Help file are "must read";

- Knowledge Base and other articles from Emsi Software Customer Support