Sign in to follow this  
G_girl

Firewall status window

I just installed the Internet Security after uninstalling OA and Anti Malware.

I assumed this was an integration, so I was wondering where is the firewall status window ? I used that all the time, as well as the country blocker. Do these exist in this new format ?

This is going to take some getting used to.. I think I need a manual.

The firewall status window is gone as the vast majority of users didn't use it. Same is true for the country blocker. We did receive quite a few requests to reintroduce the status window, so we are thinking about it. No promises though.

That was one of my favorite features. So I went back to OA and EAM :)

Actually both were my favorite features, the country blocker is great for China, was getting tons of probes from there, think people use them to route through.

Except that the country database that OA uses is extremely outdated and half the IPs are assigned to the wrong countries and what not. So the feature plain and simple doesn't work. Your network is probes just as much from other locations, but since you only block "chinese IPs" (or IPs that Online Armor thinks are chinese) they are the only ones that will show up in the logs.