Louisaz

How to view and (if necessary) edit the Black and White Lists...

I just downloaded and installed EAM for the first time.  I like what I'm seeing (and experiencing) very much.

QUESTION:  I note that EAM uses White and Black Lists, which I think is a good idea.  I have not been able to locate a method to see what is on each of these lists.  Please hold me by my newbie hand...

Thanks,

Louis

OK.  I've discovered how to edit the Black List and add to the White List. 

Yes, I can now see how to edit a current post.  That's great.  Apparently I cannot return to an earlier post and correct typos.  That is understandable.

Louis

We only allow users to edit their posts for 30 minutes or so. Once that grace period has passed, you can no longer edit them. The idea is to give people some time to fix small errors but prevent them from completely changing their posts later after others replied to it, as doing so is highly disruptive to the overall flow of the discussion in each thread.

Fabian,

That's very reasonable.  In the future, I'll make my edits pronto.

Is there an available spell checker?

Thanks,

Louis

There is no spell checker in the forum software and there really shouldn't be a spell checker in there to be honest. All modern browsers support spell checking already, so adding one to the forum would be kind of pointless. That is a especially true since a spell checker does need some training to adapt to you before it can be helpful. So a certain degree of customization is required, which wouldn't be possible if the spell checker would be shared by thousands of people. But it is possible if you are the only one using your browser.

Fabian, regarding the availability of spell checker on this forum:

I'm entering this forum using Mozilla Firefox.  For whatever reason, there is no spell checker in operation -- when I use this forum via Firefox or Pale Moon.  Most of the other forums I visit with Firefox or Pale Moon do have a spellchecker.

theese are intentionaaally mispelledd. 

When I highlight all of the text and right click there is a box entitled "Check Spelling" -- it is checked.  The obvious misspellings are NOT identified.

Any ideas?

Louis