Wayan

EIS disconnecting LAN whe Firewall prompts

Hi Guys!

I recently merged to EIS, but whenever the Firewall wants a decision for a programm it completely disconnects the LAN connection, is this by purpose?

Greetings

Wayan

Hello,

do you use the EIS Beta Version 9.0.0.4519 or the stable Version 9.0.0.4453? You can see the used Version number in the Overview window on the by clicking the About button.

Do you use any other security related software on your computer?

Hi,

I've experienced the same problem on the current build (9.0.0.4570).
All connections are blocked once a "firewall alert" window has popped up.

o/

Hello,

New to the Forum and also EIS. I just installed it a couple of days ago.

It's been more than over a month since the original post, so I don't know if this problem has yet to be fixed, but I also am

experiencing disconnects over LAN connection when EIS recognizes a new program and the firewall window prompts. I

had to disable the firewall feature. 

Version 9.0.0.4668

Other info - No prior antivirus/malware/firewall program installed on the machine. (Fresh Windows installation)

Can you please specify "disconnects over LAN" a bit more? Are connections that were already established at the time of the prompt affected? For example, if you start a long file transfer over LAN and an alert pops up, does the file transfer abort? Also, does it make a difference whether or not the LAN connection is an incoming or an outgoing connection?

Hello Fabian, 

The LAN disconnects is a bit of a hit and miss, but it's definitely EIS, sometimes it happens, other times it doesn't. 

For instance, I'm watching a stream/download a file, then I start a text editor (InType) on the first run, once EIS begins its probing, the stream goes dead/the file being downloaded aborts, nothing is coming in or out. Then momentarily later, though it varies on how fast the prompt window actually shows (sometimes takes ages to show). At this time connection with other programs will also be cut off and will only return to normality after the pop up window shows up.

As in regards to the last question, I think most of the long delayed prompts happen usually with outgoing connections rather than the incoming ones.