Limey

Installing Emsisoft Internet Security results in a freeze

I purchased EIS yesterday and I am having the exact same issue described.....  My install runs past the usual 0 - 100%, then on the 'Finishing Installation...' display remains there indefinitely.  I have Vmware workstation 10 running Cisco VPN Client / Cisco ANYconnect amongst other things. While all this is happening I have no network connectivity at all, and I can't reboot or end task on the install.  So at this point I power off the PC (keyboard doesn't seem to respond either).  On powering up my machine, all seem well until I get to logon where my CPU ramps up pretty quick, once I see my desktop everything is slow, if I manage to get the EMSIsoft console open, it immediately spawns in infinite number of dialog boxes and my machine is complete unresponse - I then have to power off my machine again.  The only way I have found to uninstall it, is via a system point restore.  I sent an email to support, but still no response.  As I have paid for this software, I would like a reason not to pursue a refund...

What type of dialog boxes does it spawn? It would be quite helpful to get the text that is being displayed. Are those error prompts or legitimate alerts issued by EIS? Also: If your system freezes, are you still able to move your mouse?