nine9s

Does Emsisoft protect your computer while it updates signatures?

I am using WIndows 7.  I noticed every now and then that my Windows "Action Center" will have a red flag.  I click on it, and it tells me that Emsisoft is not turned on.  I will then check Emsisoft and find it is processing an update. Emsisoft states "Your Computer Is Protected" but again the Windows "Action Center" states that Emsisoft is turned off and then as soon as the Emsisoft update is done, the Windows "Action Center" shows everything is okay again. 

So is Emsisoft still protecting my computer while it updates or is it really turned off during that process? 

If it is protecting then why does Windows "Action Center" find Emsisoft to be turned off?

WAC will display a warning if the signatures haven't been updated for a certain amount of time. So if your PC was off for a few days for example, WAC will display the warning until EAM eventually updates. You are fully protected during the update.

WAC will display a warning if the signatures haven't been updated for a certain amount of time. So if your PC was off for a few days for example, WAC will display the warning until EAM eventually updates. You are fully protected during the update.

Thanks for answering.  I have updates set for 30 minutes, so they are not too old.  WAC does the "not turned on" notification while Emsisoft updates.

Also, of note.  I just updated my license in Emsisoft, and noticed WAC was on even when Emsisoft was not updating.  I uninstalled Emsisoft and reinstalled it, and now WAC only does it when updating. 

I can't reproduce the issue on my system unfortunately. Does it happen on every update?

I have not tested, but besides the incident earlier where it was on all the time after I updated my licenses which happened until I uninstalled/reinstalled Emisoft, every time the WAC is doing this, Emsisoft is updating, but I do not think WAC does this every Emsisoft update (my guess.)

Some updates take longer than others. So I suspect (I do not know how to test) that on longer/larger updates the length of time to update is long enough to trigger the WAC event, while on short fast updates, it does not trigger it but that is purely a guess by me. 

Hows does WAC monitor the status of anti-virus programs like Emsisoft?   What is being communicated from Emsisoft to WAC, while Emsisoft is updating, that would trigger such a notice? 

Some updates take longer than others. So I suspect (I do not know how to test) that on longer/larger updates the length of time to update is long enough to trigger the WAC event, while on short fast updates, it does not trigger it but that is purely a guess by me.

Unless the update takes more than 24 hours that won't be the problem.

Hows does WAC monitor the status of anti-virus programs like Emsisoft?   What is being communicated from Emsisoft to WAC, while Emsisoft is updating, that would trigger such a notice?

Sorry, but information about the WAC interfaces are protected by an NDA.