andrey

Internal EurekaLog bug?

It means an error occurred in the bug reporting software we use. We are currently working together with the EurekaLog developers to figure out why it crashes on some systems.

In case you need to find common items in configurations:

I have had these crashes too.

My configuration is below my avatar.

I am not getting this now but late yesterday I got these errors after anything I did in Emsisoft (opening log reports, changing any settings, etc.) I tested on my other computer, and it did it also.  Both are Windows 7 x64.  Around Midnight (US Central time zone) neither computer did it anymore. And today I have seen any of these errors even after playing around with Emsisoft to see if it would occur again.

With it stable now, should I uninstall and then reinstall Emsisoft to make sure it was not damaged by this bug?

As I mentioned in a few other threads already: We are still in the process of fixing what is causing the EurekaLog crashes. We are currently testing a new build internally and we hope to move it to the beta updates soon. But we don't have any ETA yet.

I am not getting this now but late yesterday I got these errors after anything I did in Emsisoft (opening log reports, changing any settings, etc.) I tested on my other computer, and it did it also.  Both are Windows 7 x64.  Around Midnight (US Central time zone) neither computer did it anymore. And today I have seen any of these errors even after playing around with Emsisoft to see if it would occur again.

With it stable now, should I uninstall and then reinstall Emsisoft to make sure it was not damaged by this bug?

Update. I got another one, but I can't reproduce it, so not sure what caused it exactly - I was just reading logs in Emsisoft. 

I can not use Emsisoft because my EXPLORER.EXE is randomly crashes when the application is installed:

Nazwa aplikacji powodującej błąd: Explorer.EXE, wersja: 6.1.7601.17567, 
sygnatura czasowa: 0x4d672ee4Nazwa modułu powodującego błąd: a2start.exe, 
wersja: 0.0.0.0, sygnatura czasowa: 0x00000000Kod wyjątku: 
0xc0000005Przesunięcie błędu: 0x00000000089e0fd8Identyfikator procesu 
powodującego błąd: 0xfccGodzina uruchomienia aplikacji powodującej błąd: 
0x01cfee76d20f4f19Ścieżka aplikacji powodującej błąd: 
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
Ścieżka modułu powodującego błąd: a2start.exe

This is getting absolutely ridiculous now. You're selling software that is supposed to be protecting users from malware, yet your program has had an update that makes it fail? The only response your customers get here is basically that we know about it but we've no idea when we'll be able to sort it?

I'm currently using a trial (thankfully!) with 17 days left, I'm also getting the Eureka crash which is annoying to say the least! I was ready to purchase EIS from you right up until the problems started. I most certainly won't be now, what with Emsisoft not really seeming too bothered about what's happening and there definitely not being in any kind of rush to fix the problems.

Somewhere above this post, a customer of yours asked if there was any action they needed to take, in which you replied, "No, there's nothing you can do about it at the moment", then after another question about whether they were still protected, you replied, "As long as you restart the Guard Process after it crashed". As I'm sure you can see, your replies totally contradict themselves to the point of being nonsense!

I'm amazed that this is happening to be completely honest, it isn't a small problem where it slowed down the PC's, or gave a false positive of a genuine piece of coding.. This is a complete failure of your program, which in turn can also damage HDD's with people being forced to do a hard reset!

I was trialling your software, I'm not a customer of yours, I'm speaking for the people who've paid for your software and who shouldn't be having to go through these problems for all this time without even an acknowledgement of when this is going to be sorted!

I'm amazed that this is happening to be completely honest, it isn't a small problem where it slowed down the PC's, or gave a false positive of a genuine piece of coding..

It is a problem that the vast majority of our users isn't even affected by. It didn't show up in all our in house testing and none of our over 150 volunteer testers reported the problem during the public beta either. Given the vast amount of hardware and software combinations out there problems are unavoidable. If we can somehow reproduce the issue, we are usually quite fast to push out a fix for affected users. In this particular case though, there is no way to reproduce the problem. Even the people that are affected by it can't reproduce the problem in a reliable manner. It just happens sometimes, which as a software developer is pretty much the worst case scenario as it pretty much means you will have to consider everything as a potential cause of the problem. The entire team spent the last 2 weeks looking for potential causes and we do have a new build in internal testing already. We do hope to publish a new beta release at the beginning of next week that affected customers can test. However, since none of our employees or testers can reproduce the issue, there is no guarantee it will actually fix the problem for everyone.

This is a complete failure of your program, which in turn can also damage HDD's with people being forced to do a hard reset!

It is impossible that the HDD itself is being damaged. It may be possible that the data on the disk is damaged, but extremely unlikely given todays modern journaled file systems.

• Upvote 1

Hi Fabian, thank you for your reply.

If it's any help at all to you, the laptop I use for testing is giving me the Eureka error and not shutting down correctly. This is an HP test laptop which had a brand new clean install of Windows 8.1 Pro just before installing EIS. I very much doubt it's a software conflict with any other software other than Microsoft as EIS was the only 3rd party software installed on this system. The laptop was fully updated from the Windows Updates before installing EIS.

I recently tested EIS on this system with over 700 samples and found it to be a fantastic product for catching malware, and given that you have already got a patch ready for beta, I'll hold on and test that.

If there is anything I can do to help by testing it in private beta, please let me know.

Good luck in finding the culprit bit of code Sir... just encountered it for the first time, and thanks for the post in this thread about restarting the file... for me it was a2start... a2guard and a2service were still running as per norm...

Might I suggest that people go into their update settings and enable the Beta updates & then update.  this will give them the 9.0.0.4605 version and according to your site it is suppose to fix some of the issues we all seems to be having with Eureka logs & pop up saying Emsisoft has stopped working.  I just downloaded and will be seeing if this solves my problem. This was a suggestion on a post of mine here on the forum.  Been a great program that I have had over a year now and this is the first problem.  Many thanks for helping to keep my pc safe.