jdo

problems since update to 4519

Windows7 SP1 fully updated. No other security programs except malwarebytes free.

IE11 intermittently is unable to connect to any site. Sometimes get a message You are not connected to a network.

The configuration checker which follows that message appears to loop endlessly.

Shutdown fails. googledrivesynch will not stop and I have to force it to stop.

Logging off screen appears to be looping and shutdown never completes.

Have to force hard shutdown by holding down the power button on the computer.

Reboot after hard shutdown solves the problem until it reappears.

In addition to the problems reported above, I have also had a Eureka log crash which is something I have never seen before.

Hello,

referring to your issues in your first posting i need a overview about your system.

Please run the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST):

Download FRST from: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-recovery-scan-tool/

Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
Press Scan button.
Farbar Recovery Scan Tool will produce the following logs:
FRST.txt
Addition.txt

Please send this 2 files FRST.txt and Addition.txt to [email protected] with a hint to this topic here.

Referring to the crash log, it means an error occurred in the bug reporting software we use. We are currently working together with the EurekaLog developers to figure out why it crashes on some systems.

Christian Peters, on 07 Oct 2014 - 10:22 PM, said:

Hello,

referring to your issues in your first posting i need a overview about your system.

Please run the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST):

Download FRST from: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-recovery-scan-tool/

Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.

Press Scan button.

Farbar Recovery Scan Tool will produce the following logs:

FRST.txt

Addition.txt

Please send this 2 files FRST.txt and Addition.txt to [email protected] with a hint to this topic here.

Referring to the crash log, it means an error occurred in the bug reporting software we use. We are currently working together with the EurekaLog developers to figure out why it crashes on some systems.

Email sent. The problem seems to have resolved after a few hours. I can only assume that a later download solved it.

Christian Peters, on 09 Oct 2014 - 12:00 AM, said:

Hello,

ok and thank you for the feedback.

If you have any more questions or problems please contact us again.

Reopening the thread. The problem has reappeared and seems to happen several times a day. The hang during shut down is peculiar. A normal shutdown says "Shutting down". Shutdown when the problem occurs says "Logging off".  I have installed Process Lasso and have found that the computer is in a loop with a group of processes starting, the group terminates, the group starts etc. Have not yet identified the processes causing the problem.

Christian Peters, on 09 Oct 2014 - 12:00 AM, said:

Hello,

ok and thank you for the feedback.

If you have any more questions or problems please contact us again.

I noticed that I am now on 4570. I don't know when that happened. I do not have beta updates turned on. Just got a Eureka crash log.

Even with 4570 I got a Eureka crash log and several hangs which required hard reboots. Have reported it via email.

As I mentioned in a few other threads already: We are still in the process of fixing what is causing the EurekaLog crashes. We are currently testing a new build internally and we hope to move it to the beta updates soon. But we don't have any ETA yet.