Charyb

Eureka Log Crash report after updating to 4519

Glad im not the only one. The update did fix the firewall not activating when starting up computer but have been having that problem Chary has had and also times where i cannot close or open a program along with not being able to do a Ctrl+Alt+Delete task manager option. A reset is my only option and sometimes it just hangs on the restarting screen. This only occured after the update and i did not install any new programs or update anything else. 

Thanks for the additional information, S2K808.

Not certain why all the topics around this one have been responded to by Emsisoft employees and this one hasn't.

I may have narrowed the problem down. Not 100% certain though. The hard reset seems to happen when the firewall profile for my router is set to public. When it is set to private, I don't have any problems so far. I probably haven't ran it like this for long enough to know for sure. Could the problem be the global packet rules for public networks?

see attached

post-25668-0-10738000-1412720808_thumb.png
Download Image

The error message indicates that an error occurred in the bug reporting software we use. We are currently working together with the EurekaLog developers to figure out why it crashes on some systems.

We are looking into those issues as well. Chances are they are related as they only occur on systems that also show the EurekaLog crashes. None of our test system triggers the crash so this may take a while.

I am also getting crash reprts since 10/6/14 update.  The reports are for a2start.exe and i've had one for a2wizard.exe.  My computer is also having trouble with shuting down and re-starting.  It hangs and a hard reboot is required.

We are currently testing a new version of the bug reporting component internally. If we can confirm that the switch to the new version doesn't cause any other issues, we will release a public test version. There is no ETA for such a public test version yet, leave alone a public release version.

Experienced same problems here.  Seems to be preventing some programs from running.  Still troubleshooting wife's machine. Sigh...  EmsiSoft recognized the most issues when I tested a few trying to disinfect her machine - - but now the trial is not going well.

Had to hard reset. I let this go for 15 minutes. see attached.

Program updates and definition updates need separate disable options.

What is this stuff? There is sometimes a laptop Asus?

I have a second laptop Samsung, for it is all ok on the computer too. I put the system on again, and version 9.0.0.4570 I have the same thing.

Installed without error when it was not plugged in, just for the battery.

Same EurekaLog/force shut down/hanging issues as others have posted occurring on two laptops (Lenovo T420 and Toshiba R830).

Let me know if you want any further info to assist.

Besides all these problems everyone listed , while scanning if i open up task manager, i notice that Emsisoft program is using 99-100% of the CPU. It fluctuates to 80% and sometimes drops back down to low around 10% but i would say almost all the time its scanning it is always 90+ percent. I am not running anything else in the background. I checked the CPU usage via task manager and HW info program. And after the scan completes it always has a popup that tells me the program must be closed. But its still running in the taskbar. These are some serious problems. 90+ percent of the CPU for scanning the computer?! this can possibly overheat someones computer if the scanner runs for a long period of time.

Also on AV comparatives(which is known to be one of not the best for independent testing of antivirus/malware protection) for the real world testing, Emsisoft got scored lower then expected. I thought if Emsisoft is utilizing Bitdefenders engine along with their own , it should be higher in protection then bitdefender or atleast the same level. Now i know it was testing Emsisoft Anti Malware and not Emsisoft Internet Security but it should protect at the same level because i dont think it wasnt testing firewall capability.

As I mentioned in a few other threads already: We are still in the process of fixing what is causing the EurekaLog crashes. We are currently testing a new build internally and we hope to move it to the beta updates soon. But we don't have any ETA yet.

Besides all these problems everyone listed , while scanning if i open up task manager, i notice that Emsisoft program is using 99-100% of the CPU. It fluctuates to 80% and sometimes drops back down to low around 10% but i would say almost all the time its scanning it is always 90+ percent. I am not running anything else in the background. I checked the CPU usage via task manager and HW info program. And after the scan completes it always has a popup that tells me the program must be closed. But its still running in the taskbar. These are some serious problems. 90+ percent of the CPU for scanning the computer?! this can possibly overheat someones computer if the scanner runs for a long period of time.

That is working as intended. We do try to use your CPU to its fullest potential, utilizing all cores and threads it may have. Unless your CPU isn't cooled properly this won't overheat your CPU. However, if you don't want EAM to use all of your CPU during on-demand scans, you can change the CPUs, the number of scan threads, as well as the priority of the scans under Scan/Performance settings.

Also on AV comparatives(which is known to be one of not the best for independent testing of antivirus/malware protection) for the real world testing, Emsisoft got scored lower then expected. I thought if Emsisoft is utilizing Bitdefenders engine along with their own , it should be higher in protection then bitdefender or atleast the same level. Now i know it was testing Emsisoft Anti Malware and not Emsisoft Internet Security but it should protect at the same level because i dont think it wasnt testing firewall capability.

We only use the Bitdefender scan engine. The AV-C test however isn't limited to on-demand tests but tests all security layers offered by the product. So a missing firewall does indeed make a difference in these tests.

What I know as of this moment.. 16 days of my EIS license has been wasted due to having to uninstall it.  There have been no patches, workarounds, suggestions or anything of the sort. I don't even see it in beta. How do I disable the Eureka crash report software or whatever it is that is causing my computer to not shutdown correctly? You guys and gals need to do better than this. I expected more out of Emsisoft than this.

You can't disable it as it is part of our software. The biggest issue is that we can't reproduce the problem on any of our systems. Since we can't replicate it, we can't narrow it down to specific code paths and have to review the entire code instead. We have a new build in internal testing that fixes various issues we found during the code review. However, we don't know yet if any of those issues are the actual cause for the crashes that some of our users are experiencing. We hope to be able to publish those new builds via beta update soon.

If this does not get fixed soon, or any updates to attempt to fix it, i will have to switch to something more stable like kaspersky or back to bitdefender. I have had one problem with bit defender what it was not nearly as irritating or problematic as the ones that occur with Emsisoft. Trying to do work on the computer and not having things working is a headache. Im not sure if Emsisoft is a small company but it feels like there is only Fabian and maybe one other person that works on coding.

Im not sure if Emsisoft is a small company but it feels like there is only Fabian and maybe one other person that works on coding.

We are a rather small company with about 25 employees of which about half work in development. So I am definitely not the only one working on EAM. In fact, I don't work on EAM at all.

I have the same. On your computer, laptop Samsung is ok.

On the laptop from Asus, there are problems with the shutdown.

We hope to be able to publish those new builds via beta update soon.

Does this new version fixed a bug that the laptop freezes during shutdown?

Does this new version fixed a bug that the laptop freezes during shutdown?

It does include various fixes for various potential crashes. So chances are it will fix the shutdown issue as well. If not I suggest creating a new thread about it so we can look into it in more detail.

Downloaded and reinstalled the latest IS9, installed all available updates and beta updates.

Two minutes later a Eureka crash screen appeared and laptop failed to shutdown.

Had to hard reset.

Removed IS9 for the time being.

Note to the techies - I'm more than happy to let you access the laptop via teamviewer if it will help with investigating.

Matpasc - Instead of making idle comments why not help by providing logs, screenshots etc. Do you expect them to be able to simply wave a magic wand and cure all known issues??

Dear Richard, i don't know u, but i bought this software and i paid it like other tops internet securities.

I'm not testing a beta sotware, so i don't accept this bug.

Edited by Fabian Wosar
Removed unnecessary personal attack

Ummm: What's a Eureka Crash Log? Is it generated by Windows or EMIS.

I  got one today. Appeared after closing EMIS after an overnight Full Scan, It mentioned a2guard. Couldn't find it again.

Never saw one before.

Does it report a problem with Windows or a problem with EMIS?

Scared me there was an issue with my EMIS so unistalled it until I could find out more. I installed Norton Security to which I managed to wind up with a 665 day subscription that I wasn't using cuz I have a lot more confidence in EMIS

After suffering a day of slow computer operation and too many browser freezes of both FF and IE to count I have now reinstalled EMIS :-)

So what's the story on a Eureka Crash Log ?

Can you send me the log file that was generated please? Thanks.

Eureka log gone I'm afraid.

Would any other log files help you?

I can give remote access to the laptop if you want it?

Ummm: What's a Eureka Crash Log? Is it generated by Windows or EMIS.

It is generated by our products. It's essentially a component we include in most of our products that looks for problems while running our products and if one occurs generates a log of the exact circumstances under which it occurred and optionally submit it to our servers so we can fix it.

a2start.log

Fabian Wosar, on 11 Nov 2014 - 12:44 PM, said:Fabian Wosar, on 11 Nov 2014 - 12:44 PM, said:Fabian Wosar, on 11 Nov 2014 - 12:44 PM, said:

Not really. I would require the log generated by the crash.

As if by magic, a crash happened.

Eureka log attached.

That crash is from the stable version. We know crashes happen in the stable version. You said it happened with the beta release, where this problem should be fixed. Can you switch to beta again and see if the crashes still occur there and if they do occur provide the log of the beta crashing?