mindundermatter

Two Issues in Emsisoft Internet Security (EIS)

Hello,

From a reading of forum posts (via searching for others experiencing similar issuess), I am aware that I am not the first customer to report these problems—on the forums:Here are two bugs, which are troublesome, especially the first one:

1. Microsoft Action Center – Persistent notifications that EIS is not turned on. Troublesome because a user’s reaction will be like my first reaction was: Oh shit, I have a virus that is clever enough to shut down my EIS. I do understand that this issue arose due to a recent Microsoft Windows Update that delays the startup of the Action Center, resulting in a non-notification (for want of a better term) that EIS is, in fact, running just fine. If you could, please, address this as soon as possible, it would be very much appreciated by all. I know I could go turn off this notification, but I prefer not to do that, since its purpose is to alert you that your anti-virus, firewall, etc. is not running, i.e., this issue gets addressed, and this is left off, and some hacker actually does figure out a way (hopefully never happens) to hack/deactivate EIS. Till this is addressed, I will live with MAC waving a red flag at me… I also know that opening the EIS Security Overview, then closing it make the flag go away.
  2. The inability within EIS to set a password under Settings > Permissions: Administrators: Password protection is inactive. You can enter any password, and this setting will not go active for the average user, running as an Administrator (the scenario under which the majority of us are running). Not as troublesome as the Microsoft Action Center issue, but still aggravating.

Thank you for taking the time to address these issues, and for providing a fine program (EIS). I have been a long time user, and plan to continue to do so. Your attention to the above issues is appreciated.

Best regards,

mindundermatter

Read about the 1st problem here (Will need to wait for a Fix)

http://support.emsisoft.com/topic/15777-windows-action-center-showing-emsisoft-is-turned-off/

Read about the 2nd problem here: (Same will need to wait for a Fix)

http://support.emsisoft.com/topic/15799-cannot-set-admin-password-neither-restrict-user-access-to-eam-settings/

iammike,

Thank you for referencing those two posts. Yep, those are the posts I was referring to in my post. I understand we have to wait for a fix, but felt it was important to post my two cents, in the hope that the fix comes sooner, rather than later.

Thank you.

mindundermatter