GailPete

Says Emsisoft has quit working

Several times this past week when I have gotten on my pc, there has been a box in the middle of my screen saying that Emsisoft Has Stopped Working.  If I click on the "help solutions" nothing comes up.  I went to the taskbar and right clicked on my Emsisoft icon and checked the Security Status and it says that it is working.  My husbands pc and my neighbors pc are all having the window pop up.  I wish I had saved a print screen of the box. 

Any ideas why this box is showing up?

Thank you for your help -- love your product.  Gail

Mine is doing that also (Emsisoft stating that it is only partially protecting - I think it does this while it is updating), along with Windows Action Center stating that it is not working.   The former is worrying me.  Is Emsisoft not fully protecting computers?

It is troubling to think Emsisoft has lapses of non coverage throughout its running. 

Hello,

please run a update in Emsisoft Anti-Malware to version 9.0.0.4570 and reboot your computer.

The Windows Action Center is still unable to detect our software?

Windows Action Center still alerts me that Emsisoft is not turned on.   

I confirmed that I had version 9.0.0.4570.  I then rebooted my computer.  When WAC icon came up it was red and after clicking it, it stated that Emsisoft was not running for virus protection nor spyware.  I then opened Emsisoft, and confirmed again that it is is 9.0.0.4570.

I am using WIndows 7 X64. 

I have done as you said Christian and now I will see if it pops up again or not.  If so, I will return to the forum and hopefully have a print screen of it.  I would also return to say whether or not it has fixed the problem.  thank you

Same for me, eventhough EAM is on the newest Version WAC still shows it as turned off when i start my PC.

Also yesterday i got that programm crash while updating. Also when EAM already was on the newest version.

Same for me, eventhough EAM is on the newest Version WAC still shows it as turned off when i start my PC.

Also yesterday i got that programm crash while updating. Also when EAM already was on the newest version.

Same as me.  My WAC alerts me that Emsisoft is not running as soon as WAC comes up after about 3 to 4 minutes after booting when WAC first comes up.  

After WAC is making the alert about Emsisoft not running, if I open Emsisoft and close it, the Alert goes away - I guess that forces Emsisoft to tell Windows its status.  

Also, if I do not open Emsisoft and let the red x on WAC continue, the next time Emsisoft updates, the alert goes away.

Same as me.  My WAC alerts me that Emsisoft is not running as soon as WAC comes up after about 3 to 4 minutes after booting when WAC first comes up.  

After WAC is making the alert about Emsisoft not running, if I open Emsisoft and close it, the Alert goes away - I guess that forces Emsisoft to tell Windows its status.  

Also, if I do not open Emsisoft and let the red x on WAC continue, the next time Emsisoft updates, the alert goes away.

It is ok that WAC starts in 3-4 minute after system start if the Security Center service has startup type "Automatic (Delayed Start)".

After WAC start it gets updated in not more 10 seconds.

If you have another behavior could you please create logs and send them to me.

Hello,

can anyone please provide a set of debug logs? Instructions of how to create such logs can be found here:

http://support.emsis...ity-debug-logs/

Just follow the instructions to enable the logs and reboot. After the reboot you can capture the logs as described in the article. You can send them to [email protected] Please make sure to include a reference to this link to make your submissions easier to track. After you got the logs for me, disable debug logging again as those logs can get quite large if you keep them enabled over a longer period of time

• Upvote 1

I installed Emsisoft Antimalware on another Windows 7 x64 of mine and works fine.  WAC does not alter that Emsisoft is not running on it.

Since it worked fine on my other computer, I thought perhaps a new installation of Emsisoft on my main computer would fix it but after uninstalling and reinstalling Emsisoft on my main computer, WAC still alerts that Emsisoft is not running after booting - so problem still exists even after reinstalling.  Also of note, the main difference between these two computer, besides faster processor is that my main has a solid state drive.  Could the rapid booting of the SSD cause the timing between WAC and Emsisoft to be greater and therefore the problem stays on SSD computers?  (I wanted to throw that out as a possibility of the problem as a wild guess.)

Anyway, I am not comfortable with this problem, so I uninstalled Emsisoft and switched to Bitdefender trial.  If Emsisoft fixes the WAC alert problem in the future, I would definitely return (I like Emsisoft and I have a new 1 year license and would like to use it if problem is fixed.)

Since I do not have Emsisoft on my main computer anymore, I will not know if this problem is fixed or not.  So, would someone please keep this or a similar thread update if the problem is solved in the future.

Thanks for any help and keeping this thread updated on progress if you would please. 

Hello,

the version number is still 9.0.0.4570. The stable release will be go public in the next 24 hours.

Thanks.

With no version change, is there a way to know when mine is updated to it?

You can check your update logs whether or not a2wsc.dll has been updated. If it has, you have the new build.

Thanks.  It was updated twice today.  I noticed earlier today and when I tested again, WAC no longer alerts that Emsisoft is not running after boot now.

Hopefully it is fixed now : )  Thank you very much for fixing this. 

In the past several days my pc, my husband's & my neighbors are all three still getting the message box from Emsisoft Security Center saying "Emsisoft Security Center has stopped working. It then gives me the option to either check online for a solution & close the program or to Close the program.  Below that it has a down arrow to "view problem details".   Clicking on that gives me EurekaLog 7.0.6.0 Crash Report. The first line says Error: "Version 7.0.6.0 ......... I do have the most current updates and program version, so please, what is causing this problem?  Let me know if you need me to send anything and I will do it the next time it appears. By the way, all three computers are running Windows 7, 64 bit

Hi,

We just released Emsisoft Anti-Malware and Emsisoft Internet Security 9.0.0.4605 beta.

http://changeblog.emsisoft.com/2014/10/29/beta-updates-2014-10-29/

We invite everyone who has problems with the current release version to switch to this beta and provide feedback.

You can enable beta updates here:

Settings / Updates, tick 'Enable beta updates' and perform a manual update or wait for the next automatic update.

Thanks

• Upvote 1

Hi,

We just released Emsisoft Anti-Malware and Emsisoft Internet Security 9.0.0.4605 beta.

http://changeblog.emsisoft.com/2014/10/29/beta-updates-2014-10-29/

We invite everyone who has problems with the current release version to switch to this beta and provide feedback.

You can enable beta updates here:

Settings / Updates, tick 'Enable beta updates' and perform a manual update or wait for the next automatic update.

Thanks

Is the beta update able to solve " Emsisoft Security Center has stopped working" notification?

hi INeedAMedic

Is the beta update able to solve " Emsisoft Security Center has stopped working" notification?

We fixed an issue which might have caused the issue/notification you describe.

Please give this beta a try and let us know.

Thanks

Thanks for the help Frank H. ........... I have just enabled the Beta Updates & downloaded them.  Will give it a couple days and see what happens.  I am also doing my hubby's pc and the neighbors too.  Will let you know if this solves the problem.

I have also had this issue for the last two weeks.  I followed your instructions and will post back if I see the behaviour again.  Would you still like someone to provide a dump?

I have also had this issue for the last two weeks.  I followed your instructions and will post back if I see the behaviour again.  Would you still like someone to provide a dump?

Only if the crash occurred with the latest beta version. In all other cases sending in a dump isn't necessary.