stanley001

CLOSED A major problem has prevented the application from starting

Last Thursday when I log on to my computer,  I hovered my mouse on the Emsisoft internet security icon on hidden icons then It just closed, then the next day action center gave me a message about my antivirus and firewall are off. Whenever I tried clicking on the emsisoft exe it give me that message.

Ive only been using this application for like 5 days. please help me 

Hello,

then please uninstall Emsisoft Internet Security in your Windows control panel and reboot your computer.

Then please download our cleaning utility from: https://dl.emsisoft.com/Emsiclean.zip

Next run the emsiclean.exe file on your desktop.

Now please read and confirm the Disclaimer. Enable all entries in the list and press Remove selected objects. If the objects was removed please restart the computer.

Now Emsisoft Internet Security is funnly uninstalled.

Then please download a new setupfile Emsisoft Internet Security 9 from http://dl.emsisoft.com/EmsisoftInternetSecuritySetup.exe and save the EmsisoftInternetSecuritySetup.exe on your PC.

To install Emsisoft Internet Security double-click the file EmsisoftInternetSecuritySetup.exe and follow the install wizard. The error occurs again after the fresh reinstall?

Edited by GT500
Updated link for Emsiclean. There are now two versions (32-bit and 64-bit) bundled in a ZIP archive. Run EmsiClean64, and if you see an error message then run EmsiClean32.

I cant see it in "uninstall a program" 

so I went to it's file location and clicked unins00 something

and it gave me this message.

"Service "Emsisoft Protection Service" failed to uninstall with error: "System Error. Code : 1060. The specified service does not exist as an installed service."