ExWoomera

EAM and Ad Muncher, incompatible. how to fix it?

title says it. ad muncher application became free few days back and i decided to give it a try, i really like it and how it effects all my applications and i dont have to install seperate addon/extensions and configure each individually.

though it doesnt work with chrome because of EAM. gives an error that it cannot hook into the process. shutting down EAM didnt solve it but safe mode with networking was a go.

uninstalled EAM and rebooted and voila !

before i uninstalled EAM i also tried adding ad muncher process's to behavior blocker and allowed all operations.

anyone knows how to make them co-exist?

Note: while they were both on system at same time firefox and maxthon had no issues, was just chrome with this issue among my browsers.

thanks

Looks like a compatibility issue. We will look into it. For the time being you can exclude Chrome in EAM so EAM will not hook Chrome. This will disable the Surf Protection though. To exclude Chrome just go to Protection/File Guard/Manage white-list. Add a new entry there of type Process and add chrome.exe. Make sure that the Behavior Blocker check box is enabled. The next time you restart Chrome EAM will avoid installing its hooks which should allow AdMuncher to do what it wants to do.

i will follow your suggestion and will post the result.

but my other question remains, why EAM doesnt protect other browsers the same way? i.e. why this doesnt happen to firefox. in other words why EAM doesnt protect firefox process the same way?

Hi ExWoomera,

I've used Chrome, Ad Muncher (now Free) and EAM together for years with no problem on Win 7 X64.  I didn't have to exclude Chrome in EAM, strange you are having problems...

but my other question remains, why EAM doesnt protect other browsers the same way? i.e. why this doesnt happen to firefox. in other words why EAM doesnt protect firefox process the same way?

There are many possible reasons. The order in which hooks are installed matters for example. Bitness of the browsers also makes a difference. I feel pretty confident that there are no problems for x86 browsers as I know a ton of users running AdMuncher and EAM with x86 browsers without any issues. Chrome recently released an official x64 version and if you use that one it may cause issues. Without further details there is no way to tell for sure though.

Fabian,

I've been using the X64 Chrome since it went beta (I only use Chrome Beta Channel), I'm currently using Chrome Version 39.0.2171.27 beta-m (64-bit), no problems with Ad Muncher NEW version (V4.94.34121/5550) FREE released Oct 14th I believe http://www.admuncher.com/ and of course EAM 9.0.0.4570 fully updated.

There are many possible reasons. The order in which hooks are installed matters for example. Bitness of the browsers also makes a difference. I feel pretty confident that there are no problems for x86 browsers as I know a ton of users running AdMuncher and EAM with x86 browsers without any issues. Chrome recently released an official x64 version and if you use that one it may cause issues. Without further details there is no way to tell for sure though.

thank you for your response,

excluding chrome did the trick.

im also using the chrome x64 version, forgot to mention on on my first post.