Siketa

MRG Effitas Q2/2014 test

Congatulations to all at Emisoft for Producing a Product That Gives Us Such an Outstanding Level Of Protection !!

In this full spectrum, “real-world” assessment of 17 of the most popular anti-malware vendors in use today, Emsisoft Anti-Malware was one of only two products to block 100% of all malware samples used. 279 trojans, 203 financial malware variants, 67 backdoors, 60 ransomware variants, 42 potentially unwanted applications (PUPs), 21 rootkits, 31 other malware threats – and not a single one got through.

Can't imagine a tougher test !

"Level 1 Certification: Emsisoft Anti-Malware"

Read the report if you want to fully understand the total awesomeness of Emisoft's 100% Blocking Score.

https://www.mrg-effitas.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/360-Q2-2014.pdf

Can you post the picture of the result in here so i can see it instead of download that pdf file? Also, what is MRG EFFITAS 360 ASSESSMENT? Are they like AV independent testing organization like AV Comparative? 

Can you post the picture of the result in here so i can see it instead of download that pdf file? 

Unable to do that due to copyright restrictions

Copyright 2014 Effitas Ltd.

This article or any part thereof may not be published or reproduced without the consent of the copyright holder.

Hello,

MRG Effitas 360 Assessment is the proper name for this MRG test method with different kinds of malware.

This Programme is called a “360 Assessment” since it deals with the full spectrum of malware instead of just financial malware. In the 360 Assessments, Trojans, Backdoors, Ransomeware, PUAs, Financial Malware and “other” malware are used.

For more informations about the MRG organisation please take a look on: https://www.mrg-effitas.com/about/

Why is Emsisoft not tested in the Q3 2014 test?

You did so well in Q2.

Because Effitas Ltd. decided to terminate all formal business relations with Emsisoft.

Please understand that I can't and therefore won't go into more detail than this as an MNDA exists between Effitas Ltd. and Emsisoft!

We wish Emsisoft well for the future and hope they can find a lab which consistently places their product at or near the top of their tests - as they did with us.

Best regards,

Chris Pickard.

CEO of the Effitas Group.     

Hi Chris,

Thank you for taking the time to register and respond to my question.

For me as Emsisoft  user it is very disappointing to see them gone from your tests.

I understand and respect that you and Fabian can't go into any details because of the MNDA.

Wishing you all the best for 2015!

Hi Chris,

Thank you for taking the time to register and respond to my question.

For me as Emsisoft  user it is very disappointing to see them gone from your tests.

I understand and respect that you and Fabian can't go into any details because of the MNDA.

Wishing you all the best for 2015!

Don't get me wrong, we worked with Emsidoft almost from day one, they have a great product and I am genuinely sincere in wishing them well for the future - its just that sometimes, relationships break down.

All the best to you, Emsisoft and all the forum members for 2015.

Best regards,

Chris Pickard.

CEO of the Effitas Group.     

This is the final post we will make on the subject. Someone just emailed me referencing this post - http://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/mrg-effitas-360-assessment-q3-2014.371574/ - post No 18. "Sounds like Emsisoft didn't pay MRG to be "tested"."

Noting of the sort and if you are implying by your inverted speech marks that either Effitas or Emsisoft had any unprofessional or biased relationship, from our perspective, you had be very careful what you imply. Both Efiitias and Emsisoft are honourable and ethical businesses.

Cant speak for Emsisoft, but if anyone makes accusations that our company is unethical or biased, they will find themselves facing serious litigation . Don't think you can hide behind a forum identity, the law does not work that way. Your identity will be disclosed and litigation will be taken against you personally for damages.

This is the only warning you will get.

Best regards,

Chris Pickard,

CEO Effitas Group.

Not very impressed by the use of this forum, which is not yours, to make threats regarding comments on a completely different forum.

On one hand, Emsisoft dropped out of the tests and the other hand, all formal business relations were terminated. Versions sound a bit different.

Not very impressed by the use of this forum, which is not yours, to make threats regarding comments on a completely different forum.

On one hand, Emsisoft dropped out of the tests and the other hand, all formal business relations were terminated. Versions sound a bit different.

This is a discussion to be had between the directors of Effitas and Emsisoft. I have shown Emsisoft to be honourable and ethical. Leave the discussions to board members please. We don't post in Wilders due to their founders brothers association with hate crimes and being banned from entering the UK under anti terror laws.

This is a discussion to be had between the directors of Effitas and Emsisoft. I have shown Emsisoft to be honourable and ethical. Leave the discussions to board members please. We don't post in Wilders due to their founders brothers association with hate crimes and being banned from entering the UK under anti terror laws.

I am a member here so please don't act like you are a mod. If this discussion is to be had between directors of Emsisoft and Effitas then why are you spouting off in a public forum?

I don't really understand why this is going to be such a big issue at all and why it is necessary to drag a Wilders discussion over here to our forum, but let me share my thoughts on this please:

In the end it always comes down to a simple economical decision when partnering with some other company or buying things/services from others. Antivirus testing is nothing people should ever take for granted. There is a lot of work behind and worktime usually needs to be paid in some way. That's not really a secret, is it? ;) 

Chris is right, we have supported MRG-Effitas tests from the very early days as we believed they represented real world scenarios very well and they offered their testing at a price we could afford. 

However, changes in business focuses and strategies are part of the IT world and expected, so we always have to re-evaluate our options at least once a year and decide which spendings will probably get us the best return of invest. At the moment, we just don't believe that MRG-Effitas tests would serve our marketing strategy very well for the budget they require, that's why we dropped off for now. The situation might look completely different in a year from now though.

It's as simple as that. Nothing to make a big story about, really. :)

Hello Christain,

Thank you for the post.

I think it is unfortunate that, in the absence of information, there are those that will simply speculate and thereby create - either intentionally or unintentionally - controversy where none may exist.  Irksome, but in the end, perhaps it is just human nature.

I personally do not interpret your decision to cease testing with MRG Effitas - whether temporarily or permanently - as any type of negative reflection on your, nor MRG's, products and services.  Furthermore, It is apparent that both companies adhere to high standards and I can reliably expect that they shall continue to do so going forward.

It is my opinion that this sort of thing is nothing more than a distraction from what both you and MRG are striving to achieve.

hjlbx