Sign in to follow this  
G_girl

error access violation at address 5b004454 in module oaui.exe read of address fffffffd

Any idea what this could be? I've tried reinstalling oa and system restore, but it keeps showing up. I think it first happened after a restore, also noticed I had an old oa folder with a custom name I tried removing, but I still get the error, now it doesn't ask me to restart after I install oa and oa says it is installed in programs and features, but I see no icons for it on taskbar.

Only place I found this error was on emsisofts forums when I googled it.

You asked the other guy to try manual start, but I have no access to it's settings I don' think because it is acting like it is invisible.

I'm  not able to use my notebook because  the above situation it's acting like oa is blocking net access invisibly right now, are there any manual removal instructions I could try? This tablet is driving me nuts lol

Hello,

you are able to uninstall Online Armor via the Windows control panel? If yes please uninstall Online Armor and reboot your computer twice.

Now your notebook is working as expected?

If yes would it be possible to get access to your system via remote desktop solutions like TeamViewer to further debug the problem?

Hi,

I've rebooted many times since I uninstalled it, still getting the error and connection problem.

Yes I,ve been trying everything, tech support with my ISP just had me netsh reset my WinSock ipv4 and 6, still can't connect as if oa is ghosting, because that is normal behavior when I had oa on I usually had to pull up browser then delete browser from profs list to bet an internet connection.

Absolutely you can remote control my computer to check it out.

Hello,

lets try first a Update Installation of Online Armor. Please download a new Online Armor setup file from http://dl.emsisoft.com/OnlineArmorSetup.exe and save the file on your computer. Double-click the OnlineArmorSetup.exe to run the install. Select Update Installation in the wizard and finish the install process. Then please reboot your computer and try again to uninstall Online Armor via the Windows control panel. Then reboot your computer twice. The error message for the oaui.exe occurs again?

Ok, I have a copy on the computer I've tried that already but maybe it is an earlier build. I can't connect to the net with it anyway, so team viewer probably won't work. I'll down load a fresh copy of oa onto this tablet and flashstick it over and try possibly newer one.

UPDATE Just checked, they're both build 1866, I've already tried that a few times yesterday, uninstalling and reinstalling. Oaui still generating errors, like oa is still ghosting somewhere.

Unless the build 1866 is only for the installer and not the oa program itself.

I'll try it now anyway.

I just did, oa is still ghosting. When I reinstalled, it asked me to shut down oa, but it wasn't installed, after reinstall its still giving Oaui error

Update.. tried installing uninstalling on admin account, still getting the oaui error and can't connect. I think many years ago they gave me manual uninstall instructions, can I just go through the registry and remove anything related to oa? 

I did a system restore to the earliest I could and after I rebooted an oa window asking for my serial came up, it may be ok now the ui is showing, but one odd thing... it asked for admin access to install a pipe, I've never seen before. Does oa do that now ?

Ok, It was just odd, in all the years I've been using UAC, I've never seen it ask permission to install a pipe. I thought that was something that could bypass a firewall, I said yes, because It was after installing OA again.