HAWKI

EMSI's Astounding Test Results and Obsolete Registry Firewall Rules

Hi :-)

I had uninstalled EMIS for a week or so to try other new programs. During that period using other new versions and after watching hours of YouTube Tests on EMIS and several other new IS Suites and studying written reviews and tests, etc. I have concluded that that my initial choice of buying and installing EMIS was the right choice. EMIS is THE BEST.

I have watched YouTube Reviews where the testers were startled at the performance of EMIS. In the last test I watched the reviewer was at a loss for words after EMSI's detection rate on the On Demand scan was 100% -- saying he had never seen any other product do this. This was after EMSI blocked 10 out of 10 zero-day malicious urls and downloads :-)

After reinstalling EMIS and doing a registry scan there were several firewall rulls designated as obsolete in my APP DATA/LOCAL/TEMP files. I just wanted a check that these were not new EMIS firewall rules mischaraterized by my registry cleaner before I deleted them. Common sense says to delete them, but I just want to make certain. Can't copy the entries and they are too long to type here without a major commitment of time. Immediately before reinstalling EMIS I uninstalled Webroot Secure Anywhere and the "New Norton Security."

My WSA was free but because of a unique set of circumstances I am in essence throwing away a 665 day subcription to the new NS so that I can use EMIS 9.

I had an active Kaspersky Internet Security subscription and I switched to EAM. I don't regret it, not even once. You took a great decision and you'll see that soon enough. Emsisoft is constantly working on their products, with updates and hotfixes every week as well as signature updates every hour. To be honest, they deserve more customers. I hope that they add more features such as EIS/EAM automatically switching to Game Mode once a full screen application is detected and so on.

I hope that they add more features such as EIS/EAM automatically switching to Game Mode once a full screen application is detected and so on.

That is actually already in. If we detect that you are running a full screen application at the moment, we will suppress most of the  notifications and warning you would receive otherwise to not interrupt whatever you are doing.

• Upvote 1

That is actually already in. If we detect that you are running a full screen application at the moment, we will suppress most of the  notifications and warning you would receive otherwise to not interrupt whatever you are doing.

Hi:-) Lost in my accolades about EMIS 9 was the following question:

After reinstalling EMIS and doing a registry scan there were several firewall rulls designated as obsolete in my APP DATA/LOCAL/TEMP files. I just wanted a check that these were not new EMIS firewall rules mischaraterized by my registry cleaner before I deleted them. Common sense says to delete them, but I just want to make certain. Can't copy the entries and they are too long to type here without a major commitment of time. Immediately before reinstalling EMIS I uninstalled Webroot Secure Anywhere and the "New Norton Security."