Sign in to follow this  
Guest 9999

EIS9 - Firewall DHCP conflict and some questions

Guest 9999

I recently installed EIS9 on a fresh Win7 PC and it seems that the Firewall creates a conflict with Win7 DHCP service when I install a wireless USB adapter, similar to this thread. Win7 gives 169.XXX IP instead of the correct one. Fabian's suggestion for the Firewall DHCP Rule in the same thread solved the problem, but I think Emsisoft should completely solve this in the next update. EIS should never create problems to DHCP… Custom rules or temporary disabling the FW is not a proper solution. Have you managed to reproduce the problem?

I also have 3 questions about EIS9:
1) If I want EIS Firewall to have no default rules and from the beginning start asking me for every programme if I will allow it -permanently or temporarily- to connect to the internet (something like training mode or high security mode), even for processes like svhost.exe or EIS9 itself, how can this be done?

2) Is there a way to see the active network traffic of my PC (something like network monitor)?

3) Do you a provide an EIS9 cleaner/uninstaller if someone wants to fully uninstall any trace of previously installed EIS from his PC?

Hello,

1. You can set all options in Emsisoft Internet Security section Protection/Firewall/Automatic rule settings to Ask if you want a alert message for each application network request.

2. A network monitor is not available in Emsisoft Internet Security. You can use one of the 3rd part tools like Advanced Network Monitor or Microsoft Network Monitor.

3. Yes we do. If you have any problems with the uninstall of Emsisoft Internet Security please contact [email protected] do get the Emsisoft Cleaner Utility.

Guest 9999

Thanks for the answers Christian, but why don’t you offer for download in your site the Emsisoft Cleaner Utility like all other AV companies do for their products?

Also some more questions:

- If someone accidentally delete/modify the default EIS9 firewall rules, is there a way to restore them without uninstalling and reinstalling the program?

- Is there an option to opt-out from program updates in EIS9 but still receive AV database updates?

- When do you expect a new version of EIS9 to come out that fixes all current known bugs?

Hello,

because you can destroy your system if you use the Cleaner Utilityl on a wrong way.

1. Yes, you can restore the default rule settings in EIS on the section Settings subsection General button Factory defaults.

2. No that is not possible.

3. We will release the new program updates in the stable update tree if the beta tests was successfully. There is no ETA for the stable updates available.