Sign in to follow this  
HAWKI

CLOSED Emisoft Update Server Working OK?

Was there a problem with the update server betwewen 4:00-7:00 AM this morning?

Will EMIS update during a scan? Was running a full scan when I went to bed. Up early at 6:00 AM and noticed there had not been an update in over two hours, I then made several attempts to update manually and received  a "could not connect to the update server" response." Eventually I was able to update.

If there are no updates available at a time will EMIS report back that it was not able to connect to the server?

When I closed the Protection Center GUI I got another of thos warnings that The Protection Center had Stopped with the option to close the program. This has happened several times before and as requested I emailed a crash dump for one of them. I had always assumed this was a false alarm triggered by a bug, but this time because of the update issue I wanted to restart my PC. During the shutdown I received one of those pages that siad "a program was restarting do you want to shut-down anyways?" I assume this program was the EMIS security center or security. When the security center stops working does the proterction also stop working? I had assumed it didn't.

I'll send the crash dump reports to FW.

Just looked through the logs and there have been no unusual events and tens of thousands of users updated during the time you mention. More likely is a regional limited outage, most likely caused by some routing issue. Updates during scans are supported and should work just fine.